YouTube algorithm is in full force here

orangecat

So I haven't seen the amazon go store video pop up in ages in my recommendations but I just watched the wan show archive and the moment I return to the home screen this is what I see...
image.png.ab6c9f3ad3f766403658063de4f759c5.png

Interesting how that showed up after Linus talked about it in the wan show.

28 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Interesting how that showed up after Linus talked about it in the wan show.

Probably not as interesting as it seems. If Linus mentioned that video in the WAN show then it's probably reasonable to expect a few people watching the WAN show then went and searched for the video and watched it. Youtube was then like "Hey, lots of people watching the WAN show also watched this video. Maybe this person who just watched the WAN show would also like to watch it".

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Probably not as interesting as it seems. If Linus mentioned that video in the WAN show then it's probably reasonable to expect a few people watching the WAN show then went and searched for the video and watched it. Youtube was then like "Hey, lots of people watching the WAN show also watched this video. Maybe this person who just watched the WAN show would also like to watch it".

Ye but that's still up to an algorithm.

4 hours ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Ye but that's still up to an algorithm.

True, but from your post the how algorithm picked it is misleading. Its not about that Google would have so powerful voice recognition that it would flag everything and compare them to other videos. Its just flagging some predefined stuff, like copyrighted music and catchphrases like coronavirus.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv