Fan setup for Corsair 275R Airflow

Go to solution Solved by Demonic Donut,
10 hours ago, JustinHunter said:

I have the hyper 212 Evo black edition RGB and a Gigabyte RX 570. And yes the front has a very nice fine mesh dust filter 

If you feel like you need more cooling, you could add an additional intake to the top front. It would help feed more fresh air to the CPU and possibly direct some to the GPU as well. How you are set up now is probably best though unless you buy more fans.

Currently my setup is 3 intake (the stock fans that came with the case) and 1 exhaust. I also have a fan on my CPU cooler pushing air as well. I tried adding a fan on the top plugging it into the pump fan header but I realized that it has to run at 100% at all times. I could also change to a 2 intake and 2 exhaust setup as well. Where I live it's very dry and alot of dust built up in my old P300, I've heard a positive pressure setup can reduce dust (obviously won't get rid of all dust) but any reduction Any insight would be appreciated! 

Intake through a filter will help a lot with dust. Frequent cleaning is best though. If it truly is very dusty then I'd go with once a month if your PC is on a lot. Its easier to remove small amounts of dust.

Three intakes and one exhaust is just fine for airflow. I prefer at least one more intake than exhaust, if not more. Empty pcie slots are generally good exhaust points.

What cpu cooler do you have? Do you have a blower style GPU?

29 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

Intake through a filter will help a lot with dust. Frequent cleaning is best though. If it truly is very dusty then I'd go with once a month if your PC is on a lot. Its easier to remove small amounts of dust.

Three intakes and one exhaust is just fine for airflow. I prefer at least one more intake than exhaust, if not more. Empty pcie slots are generally good exhaust points.

What cpu cooler do you have? Do you have a blower style GPU?

I have the hyper 212 Evo black edition RGB and a Gigabyte RX 570. And yes the front has a very nice fine mesh dust filter 

10 hours ago, JustinHunter said:

If you feel like you need more cooling, you could add an additional intake to the top front. It would help feed more fresh air to the CPU and possibly direct some to the GPU as well. How you are set up now is probably best though unless you buy more fans.

13 hours ago, Demonic Donut said:

What do you mean by top front intake? The max amount of front intakes are 3 for my case, I assume you mean a top exhaust fan which in that case I would need a fan splitter. Anyway, thanks for the help!

3 hours ago, JustinHunter said:

What do you mean by top front intake? The max amount of front intakes are 3 for my case, I assume you mean a top exhaust fan which in that case I would need a fan splitter. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Top of case, closest to front. Placing an intake fan there will push fresh air into the CPU cooler. I found it helped my CPU temps a fair amount when my GPU was pushing out a lot of heat.