Asrock x570 Taichi Front usb-c header

Go to solution Solved by K4rimCraft,

Posting this for other people having the same question. ASRock did infact rotate the USB-C Front Header in the x570 Taichi so it wont clash with longer GPUs!

20200813_042711.jpg

Screenshot_2.png

I wanted to ask if asrock fixed the usb-c header being blocked by the mounted GPU? I saw people saying they rotated the header to make it horizontal in a new revision called "R1.06". and some people say they started to include an adapter inside the box to fix it. Which i never found proof for any of these claims. No pictures for the rotated header. and no new video unboxing that includes an adapter in the box.

I just ordered it 2 days ago and came across these problems now. I plan on mounting the GPU vertically anyway so it wouldn't be a problem but i would like to know!

49 minutes ago, K4rimCraft said:

I wanted to ask if asrock fixed the usb-c header being blocked by the mounted GPU? I saw people saying they rotated the header to make it horizontal in a new revision called "R1.06". and some people say they started to include an adapter inside the box to fix it. Which i never found proof for any of these claims. No pictures for the rotated header. and no new video unboxing that includes an adapter in the box.

I just ordered it 2 days ago and came across these problems now. I plan on mounting the GPU vertically anyway so it wouldn't be a problem but i would like to know!

How long a graphics card d'you plan on using...?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

On 7/9/2020 at 5:57 AM, Eighjan said:

How long a graphics card d'you plan on using...?

That wasn't my question. but it is long enough to block the port.

1 hour ago, K4rimCraft said:

That wasn't my question. but it is long enough to block the port.

If the length of the card is more than the distance between the back of the case & the port on the motherboard I'd say it's a valid question...

Long way round is wait until ASRock officially announces the change you're looking for, or buy a graphics card that doesn't get in the way of the unadapted port - your choice.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

• 1 month later...

Posting this for other people having the same question. ASRock did infact rotate the USB-C Front Header in the x570 Taichi so it wont clash with longer GPUs!

20200813_042711.jpg

Screenshot_2.png