Cooler Master ML360R help

Hi,

I have a Cooler Master ML360R and as you may know there is very limited supprting documentation. I am confused as to where i plug in the 3 pin fan cable coming off the cooler. There are 2 cables which come out of it, one is RGB i believe and the other is a 3 pin connector which i assume is like a secondary fan? (happy for someone to advise exactly what it is). Should this secondary 3 pin fan connector plug into a sys_fan header on the motherboard or the CPU_OPT header or something else?

Please note i am not using any of the controllers, it is all wired direct with no controller.

Please advise, thank you.

1 minute ago, BlueScope819 said:

Is it coming off of the pump? (The part right over the CPU). That's very important to plug in, you just use a normal fan header.

Correct, the 3 pin connector off the pump. Im not sure whether this is to be plugged into a sys_fan header or the CPU_OPT header (ive seen different people plug it into different ones). I would like to know which header is the correct one to plug it into.

Thanks for your reply.

8 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Correct, the 3 pin connector off the pump. Im not sure whether this is to be plugged into a sys_fan header or the CPU_OPT header (ive seen different people plug it into different ones). I would like to know which header is the correct one to plug it into.

Thanks for your reply.

It doesn't matter which as long as you know which one you did plug it in so you can set your pump speeds accordingly.  Most pumps like running at max.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

It doesn't really matter.

I see, i have it plugged into the CPU_OPT at the moment. My only concern is that i have heard the 3 pin fan connectors coming from AIO pumps need to always run at 100%, 12V, full speed constantly. So im not sure how to determine if this is happening on the CPU_OPT header i currently have it in (or any header i plug it in for that matter). 

1 minute ago, Samfisher said:

It doesn't matter which as long as you know which one you did plug it in so you can set your pump speeds accordingly.  Most pumps like running at max.

Thanks for your comment. Please see the below response and concern i have 

1 minute ago, Liborio said:

I see, i have it plugged into the CPU_OPT at the moment. My only concern is that i have heard the 3 pin fan connectors coming from AIO pumps need to always run at 100%, 12V, full speed constantly. So im not sure how to determine if this is happening on the CPU_OPT header i currently have it in (or any header i plug it in for that matter). 

Just now, Liborio said:

Depends on what you use to control your fans.  Some motherboards have built in fan controls in the BIOS, some have their software in Windows.

Just now, BlueScope819 said:

You can check in your BIOS if it's running at the proper speed, but just set it to change speed based off of CPU temp, and make a custom "fan curve" specifically for it so it doesn't get too loud. Running it at 100% isn't required and can damage the pump over a long period of time.

DC pumps do not like running at anything except 12V full speed..

Just now, Samfisher said:

DC pumps do not like running at anything except 12V full speed..

So how can i check that is happening? The header is 12V (CPU_OPT) and its running at full speed?

Okay so you are telling me that my Corsair 360 AIO DC pump needs to run at 100% speed all the time? I just change it in iCue to the profile I want. I owned a ML120 AIO and did the same that I recommended with no problems.

If it's a DC pump then yes, but I am unsure if the Asetek designs are.  Custom watercooling ones are, and the most popular one, the D5 has a PWM version for variable pump speeds.

4 minutes ago, Liborio said:

So how can i check that is happening? The header is 12V (CPU_OPT) and its running at full speed?

You can check your BIOS and see what it's running the CPU_OPT header at.  Just set it to full speed and forget about it :)

4 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

If it's a DC pump then yes, but I am unsure if the Asetek designs are.  Custom watercooling ones are, and the most popular one, the D5 has a PWM version for variable pump speeds.

You can check your BIOS and see what it's running the CPU_OPT header at.  Just set it to full speed and forget about it :)

I have set it to full speed and hopefully it's okay. How do i know if its 12V?

I have set it to full speed and hopefully it's okay. How do i know if its 12V?

If it isn't it wouldn't turn on :P

3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

If it isn't it wouldn't turn on :P

Okay i see. I have noticed after turning it to full speed constantly, it is making a constant noise of like water slushing around. Is this normal? Should i definitely be leaving it at full speed?

Okay i see. I have noticed after turning it to full speed constantly, it is making a constant noise of like water slushing around. Is this normal? Should i definitely be leaving it at full speed?

The bubble sounds will go away after a bit.  It's just trying to push the air bubbles to a part in the loop that won't interfere with normal operation.

The bubble sounds will go away after a bit.  It's just trying to push the air bubbles to a part in the loop that won't interfere with normal operation.

Okay so youre saying leave it at 100% and the slushing noise should go away? It is quite loud and literally sounds like water moving around (obviously considering that is probably what is happening). How long do you expect it to do this for before it seems abnormal and to operate quietly (as it does when the fan speed was at "normal" in the BIOS rather than "full speed"?

2 minutes ago, Liborio said:

Okay so youre saying leave it at 100% and the slushing noise should go away? It is quite loud and literally sounds like water moving around (obviously considering that is probably what is happening). How long do you expect it to do this for before it seems abnormal and to operate quietly (as it does when the fan speed was at "normal" in the BIOS rather than "full speed"?

Less than 10 minutes.  I don't hear anything from mine anymore minutes after I installed mine.  You can help it by tilting the PC case or the tubes so that the air ends up in the radiator and not the pump.  This is typical of all AIO.

33 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Less than 10 minutes.  I don't hear anything from mine anymore minutes after I installed mine.  You can help it by tilting the PC case or the tubes so that the air ends up in the radiator and not the pump.  This is typical of all AIO.

It has been at full speed for about 30 minutes now and is still making quite loud slushing sounds. Should i be concerned at this point or consider putting it back to "normal"?

43 minutes ago, Liborio said:

It has been at full speed for about 30 minutes now and is still making quite loud slushing sounds. Should i be concerned at this point or consider putting it back to "normal"?

No concerns.  You can turn it back to normal if that gives you peace of mind :P Doesn't change too much.

1 hour ago, Liborio said:

The bubbling sound is also in most AIO user manuals asking the users to not worry about the sound as it will go away eventually :P

2 hours ago, Samfisher said:

The bubbling sound is also in most AIO user manuals asking the users to not worry about the sound as it will go away eventually :P

Thanks for your replies. So many different opinions from people on whether to keep it as normal and let the motherboard adjust the fan speed as temps change or to keep it at full speed constantly. So torn.

Just now, Liborio said:

Thanks for your replies. So many different opinions from people on whether to keep it as normal and let the motherboard adjust the fan speed as temps change or to keep it at full speed constantly. So torn.

They all work, and make minor differences if any.  Do what you think is best for your own mental health :P

They all work, and make minor differences if any.  Do what you think is best for your own mental health :P

Good point. I might just leave it as normal in this case.

Thanks for all your help.