Segotep PSU

shaneyyyyy

Hi everyone, is the segotep gp600g good and reliable? It's considered as tier A in the power supply tier list yet it is so much cheaper than the other tier A power supplies, so I am deciding on getting one, isit fine?

If it's in the A tier i guess it'll be fine. The price could be because of your region? In germany it's more expensive than A-tier options from reputable brands like the corsair RMx series. Also from what i saw briefly the fan looks reeeeaaaly cheap and is probably not very quiet.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

I looked it up but I didn't manage to find any solid reviews on it, only the fact that it comes with ketchup and mustard cables so I would assume it's a rather old PSU.

I'd instead suggest going with something tried and tested, like a Corsair TXM or be quiet! Pure Power Gold, which should be priced similarly if I had to guess considering they're also in the B+ tier as the Segotep unit.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

25 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

If it's in the A tier i guess it'll be fine. The price could be because of your region? In germany it's more expensive than A-tier options from reputable brands like the corsair RMx series. Also from what i saw briefly the fan looks reeeeaaaly cheap and is probably not very quiet.

Well, I'm building this computer for my friend because he's on a tight budget, in my region the GP600g costs like 53USD while the cheapest RMx which is the RM650x costs like 119USD. So I guess since it's an A tier it wouldn't have any huge issues?

24 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I looked it up but I didn't manage to find any solid reviews on it, only the fact that it comes with ketchup and mustard cables so I would assume it's a rather old PSU.

I'd instead suggest going with something tried and tested, like a Corsair TXM or be quiet! Pure Power Gold, which should be priced similarly if I had to guess considering they're also in the B+ tier as the Segotep unit.

I'm building this pc in a tight budget, unfortunately the cheapest Corsair TXM (TX650m) costs 94USD, while the segotep unit costs 53USD in my region. Do you have any suggestions of other PSUs that will cost around the same price without much compromises? 

btw the bequiet psus are not sold in my region sadly.

3 minutes ago, shaneyyyyy said:

I'm building this pc in a tight budget, unfortunately the cheapest Corsair TXM (TX650m) costs 94USD, while the segotep unit costs 53USD in my region. Do you have any suggestions of other PSUs that will cost around the same price without much compromises? 

btw the bequiet psus are not sold in my region sadly.

What country are you buying from, and what are your PC's parts (most importantly CPU and GPU)?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Just now, Mateyyy said:

What country are you buying from, and what are your PC's parts (most importantly CPU and GPU)?

I'm buying from Malaysia, and the PC i'm building for my friend is using a

Ryzen 5 3600 for CPU

GTX 1660 for GPU

4 minutes ago, shaneyyyyy said:

I'm buying from Malaysia, and the PC i'm building for my friend is using a

Ryzen 5 3600 for CPU

GTX 1660 for GPU

PCPartPicker unfortunately doesn't offer prices in Malaysia.

How about a Corsair CX450/550, Cooler Master MWE Gold 550W or MWE Bronze 600W, Seasonic Focus GX/GM 550W or Antec Earthwatts Gold 550W?

Just remember that Segotep spelled backwards is Petoges.

12 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Just remember that Segotep spelled backwards is Petoges.

I had to ask a Spanish friend of mine what you actually meant with this... full credit to Baloca on this one (to what I think what you meant)

these white things were called goop or something like that in english right? let's say it's silicone

you see there a fucking lot of "silicone", you'd say that you see pegotes of silicone in the PSU

silicone is a good example, you have some hole in some material, you fix it with silicone and you put a lot of it, that's a pegote

to get back to Segotep here for a second instead of goop. Segotep is owned by Seethru, which is best known under the name of major GPU/motherboard producer Colorful. The platform in question is essentially the one used in part of Enermax's Platimax DF (<=600w), but downgraded. If you can get one for a relatively cheap price, go for it. But it's not comparable to let's say an RMx in any regard.

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

I had to ask a Spanish friend of mine what you actually meant with this... full credit to Baloca on this one (to what I think what you meant)

Well, it's petoges, not pegote, and petoges is Greek for "flies" (the noun, not the verb).  :D

6 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Well, it's petoges, not pegote, and petoges is Greek for "flies" (the noun, not the verb).  :D

I... wasn't quite sure what you were aiming for in the first place, but still

Segotep isn't the worst, isn't the greatest... but of course I don't visit factories so I don't know their exact state or even tier in manufacturing

No.. Segotep is fine.  I'm just being a goof.

2 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

No.. Segotep is fine.  I'm just being a goof.

out of curiosity... did you ever visit them? I'm curious where they would actually fall in manufacturing

38 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

out of curiosity... did you ever visit them? I'm curious where they would actually fall in manufacturing

No, I haven't actually.  Maybe after this whole pandemic thing blows over.  :D

• 1 month later...

I am only one guy, so take it with a grain of salt I guess, but I have been using my Segotep 850 80+ Gold for at least a month now, I've had power outages in my area, have run benchmarks on my cpu and gpu, overclocked both, and generally not treated my computer like a delicate flower.  It's still running fine to this day, quiet as you please.