GTX 1060 Core Clock fluctuates too much, seems micro lag?

Hello everybody!

I noticed something strange while I was playing casually my games (GTA V, Division 2) through my MSI Afterburner OSD. The Core Clock of my GTX 1060 was fluctuating a lot recently. Took it into Unigine Superposition to see what are the results after a benchmark. But right after I was benchmarking the GPU noticed the Core Clock frequency started fluctuating like hell. Does anyone know what this problem might be? And how to fix it? It also looks like the benchmark lags at every 0.5s for a couple of miliseconds, like it's slowing down, but then goes up again. The Min FPS from the benchmark doesn't seem to catch it, but it feels like the FPS is also fluctuating a lot. Here is a video I uploaded on YouTube to see clearly what I mean. You can see the Core Clock Freq in the right upper corner of the screen. I suggest using Full Screen mode, sorry for the mediocre quality. 

Link to the video: 

Can somebody help me in advantage?

What is your cpu and your afterburner oc settings? 1506 is base clock. It almost looks like it is trying to boost, and then immediately drops. Maybe you could also download gpu-z and check sensors -> perfcap reason while running the benchmark.

10 hours ago, Igor Vasily said:

Hello everybody!

I noticed something strange while I was playing casually my games (GTA V, Division 2) through my MSI Afterburner OSD. The Core Clock of my GTX 1060 was fluctuating a lot recently. Took it into Unigine Superposition to see what are the results after a benchmark. But right after I was benchmarking the GPU noticed the Core Clock frequency started fluctuating like hell. Does anyone know what this problem might be? And how to fix it? It also looks like the benchmark lags at every 0.5s for a couple of miliseconds, like it's slowing down, but then goes up again. The Min FPS from the benchmark doesn't seem to catch it, but it feels like the FPS is also fluctuating a lot. Here is a video I uploaded on YouTube to see clearly what I mean. You can see the Core Clock Freq in the right upper corner of the screen. I suggest using Full Screen mode, sorry for the mediocre quality. 

Link to the video: 

Can somebody help me in advantage?

Looks indeed like microstutters. Did this only happen recently?

Monitor it with MSI afterburner or another software that can display frametimes. Do you see consistent frametimes or a lot of spikes?

Seems like the GPU clock speed is indeed dipping down. Perhaps the GPU is faulty, or perhaps the PSU is not delivering steady power to the GPU? This kind of stuttering is also caused by CPU bottleneck in some cases, but I would investigate the GPU clock speed first.

Alright, so I always monitor my temperatures using MSI Afterburner with Rivatune. Temps never goes above 77C, also this is a mobile chip, but not a MaxQ model. The CPU is an Intel Core I7 7700HQ at 2.8Ghz base clock speed, but always stays in turbo at 3.4Ghz. This issue was happening like one year ago I guess when I first saw it. However, it never bothered me so much. Frametimes are consistent, between 16-20ms at 60+ Fps. The video I have made in this post has no overclocking applied on the GPU. Usually I keep the GPU overclocked at +500Mhz Memory and +100Mhz on Core Clock, which is weird because the issue seems to be less noticeable when the overclocking the card. In games is very very hard to notice, but in Superposition is incredibly noticeable. Hopefully the GPU is not faulty since I don't have warranty anymore on this laptop (expired last year). I tried to search the internet for this issue and found nothing about it. Hopefully I'm not the first to encounter this and to be a new problem in GPUs.