Radeon software crashing causing system lock up

ChrisZH

It started very randomly, never happe Ed before. I have an 850w gold rated power supply that has never failed me yet. I'm using the Radeon VII and it happened after I took block off to clean and put back on. I have tried DDU for the drivers but it happens randomly sometimes on desktop but mostly in games. I'm not overclocking anything and have a 3800x, 32gb tident z neo 3600, newest windows 10 build, newest bios for my x570 strix- e gaming. Could it actually be my power supply even though it has signs it fails on desktop?

Ddu the driver

Reinstall/ update chipset driver( there has also been issues an with radeons driver linking to the chipset driver causing problems. 

Install the pro enterprise driver instead. The adrenalin driver have been tearable and Radeon vii user have been using the pro driver.

8 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Ddu the driver

Reinstall/ update chipset driver( there has also been issues an with radeons driver linking to the chipset driver causing problems. 

Install the pro enterprise driver instead. The adrenalin driver have been tearable and Radeon vii user have been using the pro driver.

I've DDU the drivers so many times.im updated on the newest chipset driver as well. Never heard of them using the pro drivers tho. Is it because the Radeon VII is originally a workstation gpu?

No just the lastest 20.xx.x Adrenalin driver are trash. you can try like 19.12 or 19.13 driver if you want. It might be a thermal issue too, as you had removed the block( im guessing you are water cooling?). The HBM and GPU dies are known not to be level and is why there is a pad instead of paste.

Fyi  from my understanding you have to DDU--chipset update---gpu driver install in that order..

The other thing you can do is not pig tail/daisy chain the power to your gpu.

@gameboy3800 has been having tremendous issues with his R vii lately black screening with any load. 

No driver has been working for him

11 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

Fyi  from my understanding you have to DDU--chipset update---gpu driver install in that order..

The other thing you can do is not pig tail/daisy chain the power to your gpu.

@gameboy3800 has been having tremendous issues with his R vii lately black screening with any load. 

No driver has been working for him

Yea I cracked and placed an order for EVGA rtx 2080 to XC Ultra... I'll try going back to a previous driver that I know worked. There is no temp issues though, been keeping an eye on temps. Hardware monitor, nothing goes above 70c under full load.