PC build - need tips

Hello, I am building a computer to use for my gaming along with my school work as an architect student. The programs I will be running will be steam of course for gaming but for work I will be running, revit, rhino, adobe suite, lumion, 3ds max, enscape, and indesign. I recently have compiled a list of parts I would like to use and I need any tips if what I have chosen is good or if I can choose any better parts. I want to make sure Im getting the best PC for the large amount of money I am spending. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken z73 (Im aware this is overkill and very expensive I just really like the customization with it)

Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro  64 GB (4x16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory 

Storage: Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5"  7200RPM internal Hard Drive

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080ti founders edition

Case: NZXT H710i ATX mid tower case

Power Supply: Corsair RM(2019)  850 W 80+ gold certified fully modular power supply

Total Price: $3397.40

6 minutes ago, B0ULDER said:

Hello, I am building a computer to use for my gaming along with my school work as an architect student. The programs I will be running will be steam of course for gaming but for work I will be running, revit, rhino, adobe suite, lumion, 3ds max, enscape, and indesign. I recently have compiled a list of parts I would like to use and I need any tips if what I have chosen is good or if I can choose any better parts. I want to make sure Im getting the best PC for the large amount of money I am spending. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken z73 (Im aware this is overkill and very expensive I just really like the customization with it)

Power Supply: Corsair RM(2019)  850 W 80+ gold certified fully modular power supply

Its a solid build, but yes, that is a lot of money. If you have the money to burn, sure... It will perform very well.

But the ultimate questions is do you really need to go that big? You can build a PC that will do that work and game ~80% as well for half the price. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

You don't have to spend this much money, and if you do want to overspend, at least wait for new hardware, it's right around the corner...

16 minutes ago, B0ULDER said:

One killer build you have planned, if you want to wait a little, new hardware isn't far off such as the 3080ti, you don't need that powerful hardware and unfortunately with computers the more you spend doesn't mean the long the PC lives, it would still be a decent build in 4-5 years but new hardware, possibility budget hardware would be near it's level, I'd save a few and downgrade a little and wait for the 3000 series cards, the 2000 series is horrible price to performance, if you'd go amd their 5700xt in in the range of an rtx 2070 minus Ray tracing but at a much lower cost, amd also has new cards soon

So if you have huge amounts of money, go for it, but because your a student I doubt that and I'd definitely look at chopping 1k of that and spend your money elsewhere, you gain little for lots more money and will want to upgrade after 3-4 maybe 5 years, it would still be a useable machine just way behind hardware.

Wait for the new hardware.
Also, you already asked this.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

22 minutes ago, Stargaze obama said:

One killer build you have planned, if you want to wait a little, new hardware isn't far off such as the 3080ti, you don't need that powerful hardware and unfortunately with computers the more you spend doesn't mean the long the PC lives, it would still be a decent build in 4-5 years but new hardware, possibility budget hardware would be near it's level, I'd save a few and downgrade a little and wait for the 3000 series cards, the 2000 series is horrible price to performance, if you'd go amd their 5700xt in in the range of an rtx 2070 minus Ray tracing but at a much lower cost, amd also has new cards soon

So if you have huge amounts of money, go for it, but because your a student I doubt that and I'd definitely look at chopping 1k of that and spend your money elsewhere, you gain little for lots more money and will want to upgrade after 3-4 maybe 5 years, it would still be a useable machine just way behind hardware.

How long would you say until new hardware comes out? Im in no rush currently but I will have a deadline before I need the computer. Also outside of the new graphics cards, will their be any other new hardware? Thanks!

37 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

You don't have to spend this much money, and if you do want to overspend, at least wait for new hardware, it's right around the corner...

How long until new hardware comes out? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, B0ULDER said:

How long would you say until new hardware comes out? Im in no rush currently but I will have a deadline before I need the computer. Also outside of the new graphics cards, will their be any other new hardware? Thanks!

This website updates all the time about news on new hardware, there is a lot to come this year by September like zen 3 CPUs

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/future-hardware-releases/

New hardware is always being developed and sold, so don't worry about waiting for something new if you need something asap because brand new hardware doesn't stay for long before something new is out, most of the time it's rebrands or a tweaked version but something bigger like zen 3 will take longer, if you do wait for zen 3, you'll need to flash your bios unless you buy a new board that supports it out of the box, if you have x470/570 b450/550 you'll need a first or second gen chip to flash the new bios, waiting for zen 3, also don't buy into SSD speeds increasing performance, many people have found sata SSD to be the smoothest but paying additional funds for a "gaming" SSD or something is just marketing, you will not be able to tell the difference, which is the same for most hardware with anything labeled gaming or performance

5 minutes ago, Stargaze obama said:

This website updates all the time about news on new hardware, there is a lot to come this year by September like zen 3 CPUs

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/future-hardware-releases/

New hardware is always being developed and sold, so don't worry about waiting for something new if you need something asap because brand new hardware doesn't stay for long before something new is out, most of the time it's rebrands or a tweaked version but something bigger like zen 3 will take longer, if you do wait for zen 3, you'll need to flash your bios unless you buy a new board that supports it out of the box, if you have x470/570 b450/550 you'll need a first or second gen chip to flash the new bios, waiting for zen 3, also don't buy into SSD speeds increasing performance, many people have found sata SSD to be the smoothest but paying additional funds for a "gaming" SSD or something is just marketing, you will not be able to tell the difference, which is the same for most hardware with anything labeled gaming or performance

I can wait all the way until the start of second semester -all my architecture stuff is hand work until then- before I need this computer so waiting until September really isn't a big deal. So the new gpu and cpu both should come out around September? and will prices be around the same? Im willing to wait because if im gonna spend this much Id rather get the best I can and if waiting will get me that I will. 

53 minutes ago, B0ULDER said:

I can wait all the way until the start of second semester -all my architecture stuff is hand work until then- before I need this computer so waiting until September really isn't a big deal. So the new gpu and cpu both should come out around September? and will prices be around the same? Im willing to wait because if im gonna spend this much Id rather get the best I can and if waiting will get me that I will. 

Yeah around then some new hardware is releasing, there is supposed to be price cuts on the new 3080ti or so I've heard but I wouldn't expect anything drastic, if you don't mind waiting just go for it, if it turns out you need the lc sooner you could look at buying a budget/mid range card used like a 1060 or 5500 and upgrade to the 3080 to when it releases, the Rx 5500 is cheap and performs pretty well but I wouldn't expect a lot from it with your workloads