Do we have a "Computing Disasters" thread?

Go to solution Solved by Spotty,

There's a thread with over 7,000 replies discussing the worst tech related mistakes you've made.

2 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

Yeah I found one in total using search, and guess what it said at the end of the thread?
image.png.0089fc718398eda4579511fd8bcb4574.png

Which is why I asked, in a new thread. Maybe someone could link me to others they know of.

It hasn't received any replies recently but feel free to revive the thread if you have some stories to share.

I've just merged in another thread in to that thread so that should remove the "This thread is quite old" message.

Besides watching Linus drop expensive things of course... and the usual "dusty/cobweb PC I saw" stuff. eg, terrible mistakes you made early on in your PC/IT hobby or career.

If I mentioned "Arctic Silver Epoxy" and "bare die", I'd guess most of you would know what one of mine is? ;)

Make a thread in off topic ? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Make a thread in off topic ? 

It says no tech in off-topic?

Just now, TehDwonz said:

It says no tech in off-topic?

Off topic is just everything that has nothing to do with other sub forums 

This is a tech forum after all

Off topic is a place where you can chill and have fun with threads. 

Not in this sense , nothing to worry about ;)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Several, actually. Since people don't search before posting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Several, actually. Since people don't search before posting.

Yeah I found one in total using search, and guess what it said at the end of the thread?

Which is why I asked, in a new thread. Maybe someone could link me to others they know of.

There's a thread with over 7,000 replies discussing the worst tech related mistakes you've made.

2 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

It hasn't received any replies recently but feel free to revive the thread if you have some stories to share.

I've just merged in another thread in to that thread so that should remove the "This thread is quite old" message.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Perfect, very helpful thanks! Search is fine, but only if you enter all possible phrases...

59 minutes ago, TehDwonz said:

If there has several hundred replies, then it won't be locked. We don't mind keeping even old megathreads alive if their content is still current. Its quite different to revive 2 year old purchase question to offer help than post latest experience to one of the mistakes thread.

Few more, just trying different keywords

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/90207-whats-your-personal-techhardware-fails/

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/316009-biggest-computer-disasters

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv