abou thermal on msi gl65 9 sek

is it okay to have cpu stays and 95 degrees under load? is it normal when my laptop power limit it self? does reapply thermal paste fix this problem?image.thumb.png.d7733ba0a83db1ef940ea9e22736ad14.png

Several “yes”es. Except maybe the thermal paste.  That might help, might not.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

95!!!!!!!!! that is HELL XD it is really bad in the long run and if you game or do something cpu intensive it is even worse i mean it should help re-applying some decent quality thermal paste (it might not help depends on the manufacturer's paste) there may or may dust collection near or in the heatsinks' fins if there is then remove it that should help big time 

Just now, SuburbanBourbon said:

95!!!!!!!!! that is HELL XD i mean it should help re-applying some decent quality thermal paste (it might not help depends on the manufacturer's paste) there might have been dust collected in the heatsinks if you can remove it that should also cool you temps a bit 

I’m just going off it being a late model laptop.  It might normally have unusually good cooling.  It is a gaming machine.  The trend with late model laptops is to under cool and rely on the cpu thermal throttle to keep things in line.  Theory is even if 95c is too hot it just means the cpu won’t appreciably outlive the rest of the laptop.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m just going off it being a late model laptop.  It might normally have unusually good cooling.  It is a gaming machine.  The trend with late model laptops is to under cool and rely on the cpu thermal throttle to keep things in line.  Theory is even if 95c is too hot it just means the cpu won’t appreciably outlive the rest of the laptop.

true i did edit my comment later on and november of 2019 it not that late for a laptop 

9 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Several “yes”es. Except maybe the thermal paste.  That might help, might not.

Ah so it's better to have msi fix this? Even thou the process will take up to 1month?

9 hours ago, SuburbanBourbon said:

95!!!!!!!!! that is HELL XD it is really bad in the long run and if you game or do something cpu intensive it is even worse i mean it should help re-applying some decent quality thermal paste (it might not help depends on the manufacturer's paste) there may or may dust collection near or in the heatsinks' fins if there is then remove it that should help big time 

It's a new laptop btw. So maybe dust isn't the problem. Is noctua thermal paste good enough?