Best thermal paste for laptops?

I used Kryonaut on my m17 r3 and didn't learn about the pump out effect until afterwards. Should I be worried? Will it happen soon? 

When it does happen, what paste should I go with that reduces this effect the most but still good for temps? Arctic Silver? MX-4?

Kryonaut is by far the best paste available. Keep it. As long as it's not conductive, spills aren't a matter to be concerned over

25 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Kryonaut is by far the best paste available. Keep it. As long as it's not conductive, spills aren't a matter to be concerned over

OK thanks! I don't think my heatsink is close to my CPU die because the temps aren't as good as they should be and I used a good amount (1g between GPU and CPU). Guess I'll order more and open it up again to see how the contact is being made.. 

On 7/4/2020 at 3:18 PM, mrdoubtfull said:

OK thanks! I don't think my heatsink is close to my CPU die because the temps aren't as good as they should be and I used a good amount (1g between GPU and CPU). Guess I'll order more and open it up again to see how the contact is being made.. 

You could try adding a thin copper shim to pad out the space. I've done this a lot, and it can help. Never thicker than 0.5mm though. Usually 0.1-0.3mm, Sold on ebay and Amazon and they are not expensive.

Here are some on Amazon UK, so you know the kind of thing I mean. These are 0.3mm, and should be fine.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylvialuca-Heatsink-Thermal-Graphics-20mmx20mm/dp/B08BJYSH54/

You would of course need to apply paste to both sides. I usually place it over the CPU die first, using very minimal paste (1g is excessive!). Once that's in place, just a little ball of paste in the middle (3mm diameter or less), and re-attach the heatsink assembly carefully. Tighten it as normal (most laptop setups have a definitive end-stop so you can't over-tighten).