Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa apologizes for Joy Con troubles

lazypc

Summary

Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa apologized for the troubles caused by Joy Con issues during a recent financial Q&A

“Regarding the Joy-Con, we apologize for any trouble caused to our customers,” said Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa. “We are continuing to aim to improve our products, but as the Joy-Con is the subject of a class-action lawsuit in the United States and this is still a pending issue, we would it like to refrain from responding about any specific actions.”

My thoughts

The only thing that makes it news is that it is possibly the first official apology by Nintendo over the issue.

I actually had to send in both my right and left Joy-Con because both thumbsticks had started to drift. However I also toted my switch back and forth to work in my lunchbag every day without any sort of case that would protect the thumbsticks. So if the repair program had never been offered I would have actually just chalked it up to my lack of proper care and bought new ones or tried to replace the sticks. But I was able to send them in, even without having to show proof of purchase, the shipping was prepaid, and I received them back a couple weeks later in proper working order. So overall I was happy with the ownership Nintendo has taken over the issue, even if they had been a little late on owning up to the issue. Not that Microsoft/Sony were any better responding to the red ring or yellow light of death.

Original Article

Nintendo Joy Con Customer Support

(For those who need their Joy Cons repaired)

I might just be back after the last few years because Spez is an idiot and I'm making a point to start staying away from Reddit.

In other news, seppuku was attempted but the outcome was off target.

Joycon drift could be easily fixed in software if they added a dead-zone slider in the options for the joysticks. It would reduce functionality a tiny bit, but it would still allow someone to keep using their joycons if they didn't want to go through the RMA process.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro