Weirdest BSOD I've ever seen

Farkie

Before I got a PC, I unfortunately had the torture of gaming on a laptop and ultimately upgraded due to a persisting BSOD which would never go away. Since then, I've primarily been gaming on my PC. However, I decided to dust off my laptop and try to get some cash for it so I can upgrade my GPU. However, after re-installing Windows 10, I still had the persisting BSOD issue but now it doesn't even fit my screen so I can't see the code which it usually produces. I've tried reinstalling the Radeon drivers and updating the BIOS yet the issue is still happening. Any help would be appreciated, even though I doubt you could decipher much without the error code.

IMG_3421.JPG

IMG_3419.JPG

You can view error codes from minidump files. We can't help unless you find the errors it's giving.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Ok, so I used WinDbg to find the BSOD code. Doesn't look good tbh... 

The code it's giving is KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

I hope this helps you to understand it a bit more.

tried running diagnostics? could be a hardware issue.  might be a ram issue

Yeah, so I ran memory diagnostics as you suggested. Turns out I have a memory issue.

If someone could advise me whether I have to buy new RAM or if there's another solution it would be much appreciated.

IMG_3424.JPG

Also, this problem happens at really random times, for example, when running a stress test, it doesn't blue screen, however it usually blue screens whenever I open settings (strange ik)

On 7/2/2020 at 2:21 PM, Farkie said:

Also, this problem happens at really random times, for example, when running a stress test, it doesn't blue screen, however it usually blue screens whenever I open settings (strange ik)

Might be worth re-seating the RAM modules? If there are two of them, try one at a time and see if the problem goes away when one of them is not fitted? If there is only one module, and there is a spare socket, try moving it?