Hey everyone! Today I'm going through frozenCPU trying to find a proper radiator or 2 for my upcoming build. The case I have is a Rosewill BLACKHAWK-ULTRA and it comes with 2 230mm Fans on the top where I'd like to mount either one double radiator or 2 singles. My problem is, they dont make 230mm rads! Now I'm fairly new to this so correct me if I'm wrong on that. However, I read that some of the smaller (200mm) rads come with compatibility brackets to be able to mount them on a larger fan. The radiator I'm looking at says that it comes with that, but only supporting up to a 225mm fan...so my main question is this: Is a 230mm fan really a 225mm fan and people just call it 230 for more ease? or will the bracket that supports up to 225mm not work on my 230mm fan? Hope to hear from you all soon! Thanks.

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147157&clickid=3bxSfzwUVxyHzcEyQ6WoTwykUkTRnO31IQy9UQ0&iradid=97618&ircid=2106&irpid=79301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na

Radiators: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12103/ex-rad-186/Phobya_Xtreme_200mm_Radiator_-_Version_2_-_Full_Copper.html?tl=g30c95s1344#blank

Advanced Cooling System :
 -Front(first layer) 2x 140mm Red LED Fan (pre-installed)
 -Front(second layer) 2x 140mm Fan (pre-installed)
 -Rear 1x 140mm Fan (pre-installed)
 -Top 2x 230mm Red LED Fan (pre-installed)
 or 3x 120/140mm Fan (option)
 -Side 1x 230mm Fan (pre-installed)
 or 9x 120mm Fan (option)
 -Bottom 1x 120/140mm Fan (option)

From the Rosewill site. So it seems a 360 or 420mm rad would fit into the top, but i have never seen the case. And maybe a 240mm rad in the front.

There are only good fans in 120/140mm, so you souldn't buy any other radiator size 360=3x120mm or 420=3x140mm

Advanced Cooling System :

-Front(first layer) 2x 140mm Red LED Fan (pre-installed)

-Front(second layer) 2x 140mm Fan (pre-installed)

-Rear 1x 140mm Fan (pre-installed)

-Top 2x 230mm Red LED Fan (pre-installed)

or 3x 120/140mm Fan (option)

-Side 1x 230mm Fan (pre-installed)

or 9x 120mm Fan (option)

-Bottom 1x 120/140mm Fan (option)

From the Rosewill site. So it seems a 360 or 420mm rad would fit into the top, but i have never seen the case. And maybe a 240mm rad in the front.

There are only good fans in 120/1400mm, so you souldn't buy any other radiator size 360=3x120mm or 420=3x140mm

So are you saying the stock fans that came with this case aren't good enough to cool a radiator for my custom loop and I should just get better fans for the top? Sorry, I don't exactly follow what you're getting at haha

So are you saying the stock fans that came with this case aren't good enough to cool a radiator for my custom loop and I should just get better fans for the top? Sorry, I don't exactly follow what you're getting at haha

No, he is saying that you shouldn't for example get a 200mm*200mm radiator because fans for those aren't that great. And the chance you will find a 230mm*230mm radiator that will fit those fans is very very small.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

No, he is saying that you shouldn't for example get a 200mm*200mm radiator because fans for those aren't that great. And the chance you will find a 230mm*230mm radiator that will fit those fans is very very small.

Well I realize that 230mm rads aren't really manufactured that much, that's why I came here asking about the 200mm one lol so what would you all suggest then? I'm fine with buying new fans to replace the ones that came in the case, I just want the thing to work well haha (preferably red LED fans though, to match).

Well I realize that 230mm rads aren't really manufactured that much, that's why I came here asking about the 200mm one lol so what would you all suggest then? I'm fine with buying new fans to replace the ones that came in the case, I just want the thing to work well haha (preferably red LED fans though, to match).

120/140 radiators will perform better. As you can get fans that are more optimised for 120mm/140mm radiators. IIRC the phobya 200mm radiator is the only one out there.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

120/140 radiators will perform better. As you can get fans that are more optimised for 120mm/140mm radiators. IIRC the phobya 200mm radiator is the only one out there.

Okay. So lets say I already have the radiators on their way to my house....the one's I linked...I planned on buying some BitFenix 200mm Spectre Pro Red LED fans...here...how well do you think this would work? And if it wont work well, what do you suggest I do instead, since I already have the 200mm radiators, linked above, ordered and being shipped to me as we speak?

Okay. So lets say I already have the radiators on their way to my house....the one's I linked...I planned on buying some BitFenix 200mm Spectre Pro Red LED fans...here...how well do you think this would work? And if it wont work well, what do you suggest I do instead, since I already have the 200mm radiators, linked above, ordered and being shipped to me as we speak?

They will work fine. It's just that a 120/140 rad would probably perform better.

They will work fine. It's just that a 120/140 rad would probably perform better.

Why exactly is that? Just for knowledge's sake lol

By that I mean a rad that uses either 120mm*120mm fans or 140mm*140mm fans.

it is not the rads that are better, its the fans.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

it is not the rads that are better, its the fans.

So in that case....why is THAT? just for knowledge sake lol

So in that case....why is THAT? just for knowledge sake lol

not as big of market for them.

not as big of market for them.

well that doesn't give any proof of lesser performance....

well that doesn't give any proof of lesser performance....

they just dont make good fans, they can, but due to lack of demand, they dont.

they just dont make good fans, they can, but due to lack of demand, they dont.

I've heard nothing but good things about the fans i have picked out. Most people that i've seen buy aftermarket case fans go for bitfenix spectre pro. regardless of size, I assumed they would all operate at the same performance level

I've heard nothing but good things about the fans i have picked out. Most people that i've seen buy aftermarket case fans go for bitfenix spectre pro. regardless of size, I assumed they would all operate at the same performance level

The Bitfenix Spectre 200mm doesn't have a good CFM and static pressure for a radiator I believe. It ran in slow rpm around 700 to 1000 which sometimes may not be enough compared to 120mm AP-15 or SP120 running around 1800 rpm.

The spectre pro is probably the best all round large fan.