Headset says its playing audio and isnt.

Insanity1999

I've had the sennheiser gsp 670 for about 3 months. when booting up PC as usual today and going to watch a youtube video I noticed I had no audio. Nothing has changed overnight and I cant find the solution. 

I've defaulted the settings and went through the set up again as instructed by manual.
Tried different USB ports.
Tried wireless, which i usually use.
Tried to pair to dongle.

All software was/is up to date.
Other non USB wired earphones work.
Doesnt play audio via phone bluetooth. 

I tried playing audio from games etc also. The speakers do work as it'll read out battery percentage and say (dongle connected) when i tried restarting PC as a solution. 

(EDIT) when I test headset, it shows its playing audio.

yikes.thumb.png.f21189d882990e3f759c1fd85967a278.png

double yikes.png

You maybe got a mute button on somewhere? There’s generally several of them at various levels.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Update. uninstalled and reinstalled the suite. updated the suite and now i''m stuck with this. 

Time to go back to $5 earphones?

kill me 2.png

If you’ve got any sitting around it might make an interesting test. If they do work and the fancy ones do t you know where the problem is. If they don’t work either you know where the problem isn’t.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Cheap ones work fine, but they are just wired apple ones. not USB, wireless etc.

1 minute ago, Insanity1999 said:

Cheap ones work fine, but they are just wired apple ones. not USB, wireless etc.

Well it’s not a mute button then.