Building my first gaming pc, need some advice

Rorossi

Budget (including currency): 800USD (60K INR)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly gaming, may try streaming 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): going to the local stores this weekend to check prices and start buying parts. 

I am building my first ever gaming pc. I am now confused as to getting a b450/550 or an x570 mobo. I don't want to buy another motherboard after Zen 3 launches (I want to be able to upgrade it without any issues), as the probability of Zen 3 being supported on a B450 is upto the manufacturer. I also want to make sure that the RAM would run at XMP/AMP/DOCP

This is the build so far, would love for some inputs or advices on how to make sure it lasts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI (need a wifi enabled board as the PC will be somewhere the cables will be hard to run to)

Memory: ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D60G 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  or G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3200MHz  \[F4-3200C16D-16GTZR\]

Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING 6G 6GB GDDR5 or Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6

Case: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case

Power Supply: Corsair RMx 650W or RM 650W (depending on whats available) Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Monitor: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor

Still searching for a keyboard, came across the Logitech G213 prodigy, but not quite sold on it yet, any suggestions on the keyboards would also be really helpful. Thank you. 

Edit : formatting 

Rorossi FTW!! :D

Hey Roro

with Zen 3 in mind go for a B550

NVME SSD is good but theres not much diffrent in perfomence to a normal SATA SSD, there a lot cheaper

for the GPU, look also to a 5600XT (your monitor has no Snyc technology)

the case is cool, but maybe you find a good cheaper one

500W for a single GPU is surely enough

Depending on the cost of the motherboard, consider just getting a PCIe WiFi card instead of spending more money on the board itself.

Don't get a B450 motherboard if you're worried about upgrade options, but at the same time don't spend more on a B550/X570 board unless you're upgrading next year.

Otherwise just get the cheaper B450 board, as you'll likely want to move to AM5 when it comes time to upgrade anyway.

I'd spend money on a better cooler.

Don't bother including USD pricing, it's not relevant to you and it'll just end up confusing people.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 minutes ago, DG House said:

Hey Roro

with Zen 3 in mind go for a B550

NVME SSD is good but theres not much diffrent in perfomence to a normal SATA SSD, there a lot cheaper

for the GPU, look also to a 5600XT (your monitor has no Snyc technology)

the case is cool, but maybe you find a good cheaper one

500W for a single GPU is surely enough

Thanks for that, I'll look into the SATA SSD's. About that 5600XT, its coming up more expensive than the 2060 that I selected, not quite sure why. And the majority of the 5600XT's available here are triple fan design, and the only dual fan card is 10-11k more than the 2060. And I do plan on water cooling it, and I would assume it'd hurt the chances of me being able to get a radiator in the front. 

you want to water cool your GPU later, did i undertsand that correcly? if yes that will be not possible or super expensive,

also watch maybe for a monitor with free sync, gysnc or adapatice sync

6 minutes ago, DG House said:

you want to water cool your GPU later, did i undertsand that correcly? if yes that will be not possible or super expensive,

also watch maybe for a monitor with free sync, gysnc or adapatice sync

Water cooling the cpu, my bad, I should've been a little more descriptive. I will look at more monitors, but I am not that good with them, any suggestions? The reason why I picked the zowie was cause its known to be the "best" monitor for gaming. 

the 3600 has only a 65Watt TDP, a decend third party Air cooler is more than enough for max overclokcing

HD Monitor with 144fps and free sync, MSI Optix G24C4 23.6, Sceptre C248B, VIOTEK GN24CW 24.0"

49 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Depending on the cost of the motherboard, consider just getting a PCIe WiFi card instead of spending more money on the board itself.

Don't get a B450 motherboard if you're worried about upgrade options, but at the same time don't spend more on a B550/X570 board unless you're upgrading next year.

Otherwise just get the cheaper B450 board, as you'll likely want to move to AM5 when it comes time to upgrade anyway.

I'd spend money on a better cooler.

Don't bother including USD pricing, it's not relevant to you and it'll just end up confusing people.

I was thinking about a noctua or a be quiet cooler, should do the job (?) 

Not sure if I'd upgrade next year, but there is an upgrade path to be taken for sure. 

22 minutes ago, DG House said:

the 3600 has only a 65Watt TDP, a decend third party Air cooler is more than enough for max overclokcing

HD Monitor with 144fps and free sync, MSI Optix G24C4 23.6, Sceptre C248B, VIOTEK GN24CW 24.0"

The msi and Sceptre look like good options, viotek isn't available. Thank you for the suggestions. 

11 minutes ago, Rorossi said:

I was thinking about a noctua or a be quiet cooler, should do the job (?) 

Not sure if I'd upgrade next year, but there is an upgrade path to be taken for sure. 

Then don't bother worrying about future compatibility. You only get the 4000 series to upgrade to, and it's probably not enough of an upgrade to worry about spending a great deal more money on. If you're on a tighter budget, go with B450 and then upgrade in a couple years to the AM5 platform.

Should do. There's loads of different models, so brand alone doesn't help, but they both make nice coolers.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

15 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Then don't bother worrying about future compatibility. You only get the 4000 series to upgrade to, and it's probably not enough of an upgrade to worry about spending a great deal more money on. If you're on a tighter budget, go with B450 and then upgrade in a couple years to the AM5 platform.

Should do. There's loads of different models, so brand alone doesn't help, but they both make nice coolers.

Does remind me of the conversation me and dad had while checking for the parts, will definitely reconsider on the mobo. Thanks! 

After i sleeped i wanna give my last juice to this ^^

so with everything conciderd, there are 2 two chosses

- a sytstem thats upgardeble for the near furture (stay AM4)

- or a system for the longer future (swap to am5)

Everything there has its con and pros and thats ultimaly your choose and your money to spend

I my opinion ! (Im bias, im a human, i can surely be wrong)

I think a B550 with a 3600 will be the best in the longrun

that 6core has a lot of power for years to come (even old 4core CPU from 2012 a still ok)

and and B550 has PCe-I 4.0 whats makes it upgradalby a long time (PCe-i 3.0 bandwith isnt even fully exhaust today)

also NVME SSD will become reasonable to buy for gaming

I just think that will be enough for 10year of PC gaming, upgrade the GPU in some years and nothing shut be bottlenecking you

1 hour ago, DG House said:

After i sleeped i wanna give my last juice to this ^^

so with everything conciderd, there are 2 two chosses

- a sytstem thats upgardeble for the near furture (stay AM4)

- or a system for the longer future (swap to am5)

Everything there has its con and pros and thats ultimaly your choose and your money to spend

I my opinion ! (Im bias, im a human, i can surely be wrong)

I think a B550 with a 3600 will be the best in the longrun

that 6core has a lot of power for years to come (even old 4core CPU from 2012 a still ok)

and and B550 has PCe-I 4.0 whats makes it upgradalby a long time (PCe-i 3.0 bandwith isnt even fully exhaust today)

also NVME SSD will become reasonable to buy for gaming

I just think that will be enough for 10year of PC gaming, upgrade the GPU in some years and nothing shut be bottlenecking you

I was thinking about getting a b450 tomahawk max, because the same variant in b550 comes up to the same price as the x570 board mentioned. You have given me a lot to consider, now it all bottles down to availability and how much I can get the components for. 

Thank you for all the help, have a good one!