TP-Link Compatibility

Nabhan

Hey guys, I'm looking to get wifi for my whole house, and have been looking at the TP-Link AX50 and the Deco X20. The reason why I need both is because the wifi signal from a router rarely go past one room in my house, so I'm planning to use the AX50 as the main access point and the X20 to be a mesh for the rest of the house. What I'm wondering is if they are compatible to form a mesh network together. Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Nabhan said:

What I'm wondering is if they are compatible to form a mesh network together

You'd probably be best off by contacting TP-Link's support and asking them. No idea how quick TP-Link's support is at replying to questions, though.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

12 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

No idea how quick TP-Link's support is at replying to questions, though

From my experience they have a good live chat however it seems no one there can touch type

Please mark as helpful and informative so my profile looks better.

quote or reply to me if you want me to reply to you.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Nabhan said:

Hey guys, I'm looking to get wifi for my whole house, and have been looking at the TP-Link AX50 and the Deco X20. The reason why I need both is because the wifi signal from a router rarely go past one room in my house, so I'm planning to use the AX50 as the main access point and the X20 to be a mesh for the rest of the house. What I'm wondering is if they are compatible to form a mesh network together. Thanks in advance!

Most mesh systems work with specific mesh points, even within the same brand. If you want to expand your Deco network, just add more Deco mesh points.

From what I've read, adding mesh points to your existing network requires other Deco devices. While the Archer AX50 is a TP-Link product, its specs make no mention of mesh support. It's the same scenario with Netgear mesh systems, but they actually specify the limited compatibility list between products up-front.