need help UPGRADING pc from 2008

I want to upgrade my pc under very little budget, not too little but enough to make a difference in present performance

Current Specs

1)      motherboard : gigabyte G31M-ES2L (Socket 775) rev 1.1      bios F10(latest updated)    Windows 7 Professional 32-bit SP1

2)      CPU : Intel Core 2 Duo E7400

3)      memory : Type    DDR2
                           Size    2048 MBytes
                              Channels #    Single
                                  DRAM Frequency    400.0 MHz

4)      Graphics : no graphics card inserted

5)       Storage  : hard drive Western Digital WDC WD3200AAJS-00V4A0 sata 2

6)       peripherals : old acer keyboard, basic dell mouse

7)      Monitor : iball crystal 47 cm lcd display 60 hz (right now 70  hz somehow)

this monitor doesn't have no display port or even a Hdmi port

8.     Power supply : Zebronics 450 W (its new)

As u can see its old or super duper old but it can run far cry 1 and ...... that's the only game that i ran

So here's the thing

a. I don't want to run Last of us on this thing and I don't see this thing doing that on any day, but at least csgo (maybe...)

b. Running youtube videos or videos on vlc at 1080p is a dream come true

c. I would not like to replace cpu or power supply but other than that every thing is fine

d. I would like to cut corners on almost everything

e. For reccemendations pls reccemond lower tier and middle tier things considering the price.

f. If you find something that you think may get some of interst then pls put its link(not just the name)

g. I am in India therefore I you see something then see if its on amazon.in

THNX for help   

Well I have the cheap and most powerful solution for you

last of us is exclusively on the playstation, so

get the playstation 5

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

2 minutes ago, NOTsoFast said:

I need to do more than just playing

Cool cool, remember to @ or quote the person so they get a ping and know to respond

Let me break down your requirements, since some of them are either redundant or not possible.

a. Last of us is not on pc, so please change. Csgo will run on anything, so it’s a bad baseline.

b. Any relatively new computer will run youtube and vlc 4k 60fps.

c. You need to replace both cpu and psu, both are just too old.

d. Buy used, cutting corners new is either making a bomb or you’re better setting your money on fire for heat in the summer.

e-g. It’s difficult to make recommendations for a different market, especially when we’re not familiar with the currency. The best I others can do is recommend what we believe is the best components, and you taking that information and making the best monetary one.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I mean its all pretty much obsolete and needs replaced if you want to run anything modern.

If you want to run games from 2008-2012 or so, then stick a cheap graphics card in it. I would suggest something like a Quadro 2000 from ebay, as they are dirt cheap, single slot, need no external power, and while pretty slow compared with todays cards, they're a good bit quicker than what was modern in 2008.

If you want to play modern games, then you basically need to start from scratch and build a new PC, at which point we need a budget.

55 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Cool cool, remember to @ or quote the person so they get a ping and know to respond

Let me break down your requirements, since some of them are either redundant or not possible.

a. Last of us is not on pc, so please change. Csgo will run on anything, so it’s a bad baseline.

b. Any relatively new computer will run youtube and vlc 4k 60fps.

c. You need to replace both cpu and psu, both are just too old.

d. Buy used, cutting corners new is either making a bomb or you’re better setting your money on fire for heat in the summer.

e-g. It’s difficult to make recommendations for a different market, especially when we’re not familiar with the currency. The best I others can do is recommend what we believe is the best components, and you taking that information and making the best monetary one.

Thnx @Jumballi in India its rupees as a currency, as of today 1 dollar is 75 rupees

I Would like to have some recommendations from your side as to what can be upgraded

As far as Csgo is considered believe me for me it is a base line 

I am a student and so can't actually spend a lot and my parents are least interested in getting me something that can run morden titles 

Also I don't know why(being next to china) high-end stuff like graphic cards etc are quite expensive here

Thnx

P.S. 😜I didn't know that Last of us not on PC and ya I would not mind to play original hitman etc

1 hour ago, Aragorn- said:

I mean its all pretty much obsolete and needs replaced if you want to run anything modern.

If you want to run games from 2008-2012 or so, then stick a cheap graphics card in it. I would suggest something like a Quadro 2000 from ebay, as they are dirt cheap, single slot, need no external power, and while pretty slow compared with todays cards, they're a good bit quicker than what was modern in 2008.

If you want to play modern games, then you basically need to start from scratch and build a new PC, at which point we need a budget.

Heard @Aragorn- I would build one but clearly not in 2020

i know what I own is antique but wouldn't mind some great recommendations specifically for what my motherboard supports

Thanx If you'd search or not

If you can't build a new computer then I would do a cpu upgrade to a core2quad event tho you said you didn't want to.    Anything that is in the cpu list that you can find cheap ... maybe Q6600 or Q8200.  https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Gigabyte/GA-G31M-ES2L(rev._2.x).html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/QTY-1x-INTEL-Core2-Quad-Q6600-CPU-2-40GHz-8MB-1066Mhz-LGA775-SLACR-SL9UM/133317230472?hash=item1f0a537f88:g:aJ8AAOSw-29ZWbwU

I would also go for that quatro 2000 suggested by @Aragorn- if you can get one cheap. 

Also an ssd as a boot drive, 240 gb at least so you can have a bit of space on it. 

Honestly I don't think it's worth investing a ton of money in that system but if you can extend it's life for under 100$ then it might be a good thing. 

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

17 hours ago, Dr0y said:

If you can't build a new computer then I would do a cpu upgrade to a core2quad event tho you said you didn't want to.    Anything that is in the cpu list that you can find cheap ... maybe Q6600 or Q8200.  https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Gigabyte/GA-G31M-ES2L(rev._2.x).html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/QTY-1x-INTEL-Core2-Quad-Q6600-CPU-2-40GHz-8MB-1066Mhz-LGA775-SLACR-SL9UM/133317230472?hash=item1f0a537f88:g:aJ8AAOSw-29ZWbwU

I would also go for that quatro 2000 suggested by @Aragorn- if you can get one cheap. 

Also an ssd as a boot drive, 240 gb at least so you can have a bit of space on it. 

Honestly I don't think it's worth investing a ton of money in that system but if you can extend it's life for under 100$ then it might be a good thing. 

Thanx for the advice @Dr0y