Fan noise

Bigstan777

My wraith prism on 3800x and b450-f is about 6-7 weeks old and it suddenly startes making this grinding kinda noise when hitting semi-High to High RPM, the noise comes and goes but its enough to annoy me even when im using a headset,

1. what Could be the problem?

2. Is it bad enough for the pc That i should fix it immediatly?

3. What other coolers are better, can Get the temps even lower while being more silent?

16 minutes ago, Bigstan777 said:

what Could be the problem?

2. Is it bad enough for the pc That i should fix it immediatly?

3. What other coolers are better, can Get the temps even lower while being more silent?

Sounds like a bad bearing. You should contact amd about a replacement. If you want to get a different cooler, Noctua makes great quiet coolers.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

6 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Sounds like a bad bearing. You should contact amd about a replacement. If you want to get a different cooler, Noctua makes great quiet coolers.

They do.  They’re not cheap coolers but they are good.  The stock cooler isn’t a bad cooler, it’s just got a crap bearing on the fan.  This is the only problem with the AMD stock coolers.  Single ball bearing on the fan.  If it’s set sideways like that (as pretty much any cooler will be these days) the ball does nothing and it’s effectively a sleeve bearing.  If AMD won’t give you a new fan look for a triple ball or modified rifle bearing fan to replace it with.  As for after market coolers you don’t really need that much. Any mid range cooler will be fine. esports, dark rock slim, 212, etc..  the cpu doesn’t get a whole heckuva lot from oc, so there’s not a whole lot of point in pushing it past 125w.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Torotoplayer said:

There is the option that a small object is causing it to make that sound

I think you mean possibility not option since it’s not a choice situation but you’re not wrong imho.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.