DVI-I not working on my gtx 780 ti

hello everyone, 4 days back i had this issue with my GPU (gtx 780 ti), i'm using a dvi-i to vga adapter (yes i know it's not the 20th century anymore) connected to my asus VW193T monitor and i tried to turn it on that morning but the screen didn't detect it, i thought the problem was that the adapter broke, but I've tried it with an old quadro 2000 and it worked just fine, then i thought that the graphics card was dead, but when i hooked it up to my tv over hdmi it worked perfectly,display port worked as well, i run games and all seemed to work great, so then the dvi-i port was clearly the problem, fortunately my monitor has a  dvi-d port, my question to you guys is if dvi-i and dvi-d are related, in other words, if dvi-i port died then automatically the dvi-d is dead as well considering they are really close to each other, also, is there a way to know if dvi-i port is damaged physically or its just a software issue.

thank you1961776829_780ti_LI.jpg.e6a6fac3a9e99a95e9ba15a35a20d145.jpg

Edited by MoRoPoPi

Why not use a DVI-D to DVI-D cable...?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

On 6/24/2020 at 12:24 AM, Eighjan said:

Why not use a DVI-D to DVI-D cable...?

DVI-D cable is nearly impossible to find in my country and if i'm gonna search for it i have to be sure that it will work 100%

On 6/24/2020 at 12:18 AM, Not Wills said:

1. There the same

2. Maybe... Depends.

WHAT!!!!