TV Input Lag

What programs can I use to check the input lag of a TV and what is acceptable input lag for gaming? Also, does FPS affect input lag?

Acer Predator Helios 500

8th Gen Intel Core i7 8750H

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB (Mobile)

16GB DDR4 SDRAM

1TB Hard Drive

256 GB Solid State Drive

Processor Speed 2.20 GHz

Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac

Screen Resolution 1920 × 1080

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

2 minutes ago, gravdestroyer said:

What programs can I use to check the input lag of a TV and what is acceptable input lag for gaming? Also, does FPS affect input lag?

What TV is it? low-end TV's shouldn't be used for gaming since some may only have 30hz

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Acer Predator Helios 500

8th Gen Intel Core i7 8750H

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB (Mobile)

16GB DDR4 SDRAM

1TB Hard Drive

256 GB Solid State Drive

Processor Speed 2.20 GHz

Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac

Screen Resolution 1920 × 1080

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

20 minutes ago, gravdestroyer said:

The device you want to use to check lag is one of the FPGA consoles or an analog console with a lag testing program. Alas, that's probably not worth the investment for most people.

maxresdefault.jpg

So the next option is to simply use something like online-stopwatch.com and your cameraphone. This won't really help for addressing latency the pc generates itself, but it will help figuring out if the latency of other monitors are worse than your main monitor. Put your pc in to "clone" mode and then just record both screens in the shot and run the stopwatch for about 30 seconds. The difference is your input latency and anything >2 frames is BAD.

Setting expectations:

Only clone mode off the primary GPU will work for this. If you have two separate GPU's, or you are using a docking station that uses Displaylink, then there will be a certain amount of latency just by virtue of having to go through more than one device.