Guide to how to craft a full map on dayz standalone

so i know many of you might know this but, i just crafted my first map on dayz standalone and i thought i'd share it with u guys

what you need is these:

a map of N, and a map of S

you can find these but if you dont, you can also craft them

to make the North of the map, you need the two halfs which are NW, and NE. combining these 2 will give you the North Map

to make the South of the map, you need the two halves which are SW and SE, combining these will give you the south of the map

then you combine N and S and you get the full map

Congrats on finishing one but to be honest they are worthless and just take up space in inventory.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

i dont even bother with the in game map at all, ive played enough to pretty much know where i am most of the time, and ill alaways have the DayZDB map up on my second monitor if i need to know how far i need to zero my gun.

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

i dont even bother with the in game map at all, ive played enough to pretty much know where i am most of the time, and ill alaways have the DayZDB map up on my second monitor if i need to know how far i need to zero my gun.

the ingame map is the only accurate way to find range :) thats why i crafted it, i played arma, dayz mod, standalone for like 700hrs, i know the map, but i wanted a full map for range finding

Congrats on finishing one but to be honest they are worthless and just take up space in inventory.

they are good for finding range ;)

they are good for finding range ;)

Last time I checked you can't do anything like that in SA? And the flash map that you can find on DB will literally give you exact range from two points.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Last time I checked you can't do anything like that in SA? And the flash map that you can find on DB will literally give you exact range from two points.

^

PC: Corsair 900D | Corsair AX860 | Maxmius VI Hero | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133 | Sapphire Radeon 7950 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Win7 X64

HTPC: Silverstone GD05 Black | Corsair VS350W | AMD A6 5400K | AsRock FM2A75-PRO4-M | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3 1600 | Samsung 840 128GB | WD Black 4TBx2 | Leadtek Winfast DTV2000DS | LiteOn BD\DVD-RW Combo | WIN7 x64/XBMC

but how :(. i dunno how

but how :(. i dunno how

How to range on the db map? It is stupidly easy lol Just left click starting point and then left click ending point and it will pop up a little box with anumber telling you how far. Don't left click and drag though just left click.

This is the proper map for standalone:

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#5.052.105

How to range on the db map? It is stupidly easy lol Just left click starting point and then left click ending point and it will pop up a little box with anumber telling you how far. Don't left click and drag though just left click.

This is the proper map for standalone:

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#5.052.105

i.....feel.....stupid