XBox One (S) disk drive

Greetings, human beings

I've gotten myself access to XBox game streaming recently (really cool, just have to upgrade my home network, but that's already in the works).

If you are like me, you prefer games on disk more than as a digital copy, for whatever reason.

One downside to this tho is when you have little siblings, that are too young to play DOOM or other FPS games, is that you constantly need to swap the disks.

Too little sleep and a weird brain conjured up the following idea:

Take a SATA expander PCB from a Server or somewhere, connect it to the SATA port of the original XBox disk drive and connect more of the same model disk drives to the expander.

Would the XBox recognize all drives or would it straight up seize to cooperate?

EDIT: The (S) in the title is there because I own an XBox One S, but if it works on an X as well it would be nice to know!

Edited by TitanOne
Forgot a thing

1 hour ago, TitanOne said:

Greetings, human beings

I've gotten myself access to XBox game streaming recently (really cool, just have to upgrade my home network, but that's already in the works).

If you are like me, you prefer games on disk more than as a digital copy, for whatever reason.

One downside to this tho is when you have little siblings, that are too young to play DOOM or other FPS games, is that you constantly need to swap the disks.

Too little sleep and a weird brain conjured up the following idea:

Take a SATA expander PCB from a Server or somewhere, connect it to the SATA port of the original XBox disk drive and connect more of the same model disk drives to the expander.

Would the XBox recognize all drives or would it straight up seize to cooperate?

EDIT: The (S) in the title is there because I own an XBox One S, but if it works on an X as well it would be nice to know!

I’m going to go with no. Is the 10 seconds needed to swap a disc really worth the effort? 

Also how would you select which drive you wanted to use? 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

6 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

I’m going to go with no. Is the 10 seconds needed to swap a disc really worth the effort? 

Also how would you select which drive you wanted to use? 

The question was mostly to satisfy my curiosity

On the topic of selecting the drive: Maybe the XBox OS is handling it like a PC, as in that it shows every drive and you choose your game as if it was a digital copy.

But idk, I would try it out if I wasn't too scared to break my XBox.

EDIT: Who knows, maybe you can add more storage that way.

Edited by TitanOne
Forgot a thing AGAIN