Fixing the 5v input on my raspberry pi 3

The 5v micro usb input on my pi 3 b+ got snatched off when a painting henging over it fell down. Is it possible to remove the 5v port and solder on a new one in order to get it working again?

It is difficult to say without knowing extent of the damage. My guess is that PCB traces also got pulled off which is not that easy to repair, but not impossible.

9 hours ago, Niksa said:

It is difficult to say without knowing extent of the damage. My guess is that PCB traces also got pulled off which is not that easy to repair, but not impossible.

If I remove it completely and remove the solder on the PCB can I just solder on a new 5V input? Are all 5V inputs the same or do I need a specific type?

10 minutes ago, DeagleMaster69 said:

If I remove it completely and remove the solder on the PCB can I just solder on a new 5V input? Are all 5V inputs the same or do I need a specific type?

For Raspberry Pi basically any 5V@2A DC regulated power supply should work. Schematics are available on the official site so you can check there for the reference how and where to solder the leads.

19 minutes ago, Niksa said:

For Raspberry Pi basically any 5V@2A DC regulated power supply should work. Schematics are available on the official site so you can check there for the reference how and where to solder the leads.

This is an ebay link to what I imagine I need: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Conector-Micro-Usb-Puerto-Carga-movil-Charging-Port-Jack-Connector-Mobile-phone/153876605180?hash=item23d3c2a8fc:g:5PsAAOSwIvJe8I~a.

A you can see, there seems to be many different types.

41 minutes ago, Niksa said:

Never mind. Found out witch one I need. Thanks for the help.