Infrared/Lazer/Optical?

aidenrelkoff

So what is the real difference? People say Lazer has acceleration problems, but i have owned 2 now and not ever had that problem. Optical i have used, i dont really like them, unless they are the invisible optic ones, (i hate the bloody red light) but today i just heard of Infrared mice. What are they? are they better? worse?

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

i have lazer I don't mind it to be fair, inferred I think is more accurate and sensitive to movement. and optical im not sure

Who can remember them old mouse's with the roller ball in the center on the bottom, aha the old days :D

EDIT: lazers can track higher DPI up to around 2000 were optical can track between 400-800

optical are crap at tracking on black or shiny surfaces unlike lazers

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

i have lazer I don't mind it to be fair, inferred I think is more accurate and sensitive to movement. and optical im not sure

Who can remember them old mouse's with the roller ball in the center on the bottom, aha the old days :D

Oh mannn....having to take the ball out every so often to give it a good cleaning. I remember how notchy it would be if you had a crumb or something on your mousepad.

I'm glad they went the way of 56k modems. I'll never forget that sound.

Honestly I don't notice the difference either. People always call down laser mice but I bet over 75% of people wouldn't tell the difference.

This is where one or two people will come and say "oh I can! It's huge!"

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

aha @dizmo remember dial up :D aha yeah the crumbs, and it would jam sometimes aha :D

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

aha @dizmo remember dial up :D aha yeah the crumbs, and it would jam sometimes aha :D

Of course! I had dial up for years.

Oh..speaking of jam..worst thing ever to get on the ball of the mouse. You'd have to take it apart, wipe down the inside, and just hope it still worked when you reassembled it. :rolleyes:

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@dizmo I know right, ah some things just don't get missed. I loved the sound of when it booted

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

All mice with sensors are optical. Comes down to Laser vs LED. I buy what feels comfy in my hand. :)

Not sure if it's the feeling of the mouse body or the way it tracks but I've always loved the Logitech MX518 and Razer Deathadder mice. (both are optical tracking)

And then I got a Logitech G5v2 and a G500 which are basically laser versions of the old MX518. I hated both of them, always felt weird.

Though on the other hand, I had two laser mice that I did enjoy using: Razer Naga and the Logitech G9x

But of course, I'm not really knowledgeable on the actual technologies of the tracking sensors. I just know what I like and disliked. btw, never seen an infrared mouse so idk anything about those.

Twitch | Twitter | PC specs [on Twitch page]

dude its not Lazer is LASER Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

about the mice... i have no idea the diffrance betwwen those. but i use a Razer Deathadder 2013 and it has a optical sensor. and i love it. 

I like optical because i don't need a massive amount of DPI and plus i use a cloth pad and lazer is better for hard mats.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Infrared is another name for optical, to try and make optical sound more appealing to the "gamerz". Optical is more accurate (more specifically, A3090 and PMW3310 sensors are more accurate, which you'll find in most big-name gaming mice), but optical mice might be fussy about mouse pads with elaborate designs. I'm not really up to date with how much current optical sensors care about that, but decent mousepads tend to be relatively plain anyway.

Generally there's no reason not to get an optical mouse, unless you're looking for a feature that no optical mouse currently provides. Lasers are still adequate, but just because you aren't consciously aware of the flaws, doesn't mean they aren't interfering with landing shots now and then.

EDIT: lazers can track higher DPI up to around 2000 were optical can track between 400-800

optical are crap at tracking on black or shiny surfaces unlike lazers

You looked up some pretty old info there.

Infared aren't a type of sensor, they just come with some

Optical is typically for FPS gamers, as it is usually more accurate than laser and has no built in acceleration

Laser achieves very high DPI which no one ever uses, and it has built in acceleration. Laser typically works on more surfaces than optical.

I personally like optical WAY more than laser, as I'm a Team Fortress 2 player