Ps4 Sounds like naval fleet at storming of Normandy

DangeorusToast

My console is so loud (even at the home screen). Yes, I cleaned it and changed thermal paste and I'm 99% certain I did an adequate job. Does anyone know what is causing this? I don't need a Concorde in my room with afterburner active.
(I'm probably going back to the ps3 for now.) This is super frustrating.

Ps4 has a notorious loud fan and high rpm, nothing you can do outside of exotic cooling.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

1 minute ago, NZgamer said:

Naval fleet storming Normandy?

Wrong.

I think you mean 5 XF-84H's taking off at the same time

image.jpeg.fa60c9c11dfbb85e4393a07a2f74ed6f.jpeg

(loudest plane in the world btw)

Actually, if you were to hear mine, you would think it would be twice the decibels. I could have this things in another room and it would still overtake noise cancelling headphones. So do you think I can sue for my eardrum being ruptured?

6 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Ps4 has a notorious loud fan and high rpm, nothing you can do outside of exotic cooling.

I'm gonna get some acoustic foam, put the ps4 in a box, then do the same to that box, then I'll have vents going in and out. Maybe that will fix my issue. Oh and then put it in my closet.

17 minutes ago, DangeorusToast said:

I'm gonna get some acoustic foam, put the ps4 in a box, then do the same to that box, then I'll have vents going in and out. Maybe that will fix my issue. Oh and then put it in my closet.

Don’t forget to make room for airflow 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

On 6/15/2020 at 6:08 AM, DangeorusToast said:

You'll probably toast the HDD doing that as that is designed to only be passively cooled, there is no forced airflow over it.

I find the whole PS4 thing bizarre.  I had a launch PS4 and a PS4 Pro, neither are as loud as some of the tales I see online.  It seems the quality control at Sony is seriously lacking and I just got lucky.

That's not to say the PS4 Pro isn't loud sometimes, but its NOTHING compared to every single Xbox 360 before the slim.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Did you use good paste or cheap crap that performs worse than no paste?

32 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Did you use good paste or cheap crap that performs worse than no paste?

MX-4

41 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

You'll probably toast the HDD doing that as that is designed to only be passively cooled, there is no forced airflow over it.

I find the whole PS4 thing bizarre.  I had a launch PS4 and a PS4 Pro, neither are as loud as some of the tales I see online.  It seems the quality control at Sony is seriously lacking and I just got lucky.

That's not to say the PS4 Pro isn't loud sometimes, but its NOTHING compared to the original Xbox 360.

Maybe I'll upload a video later so you can see this bullhonkery.

Edit: Also I was joking, but if I did do that I would have airflow.

7 minutes ago, DangeorusToast said:

MX-4

Try not using mediocre paste. Get some Kryonaut or IC Diamond

18 hours ago, DangeorusToast said:

Just put it in your closet, don’t put the foam, that’ll kill it

And make sure the closet still has some gaps for air flow, I killed a ps4 by not giving it air.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

My PS4 Pro (the Death Stranding SE) at idle is as loud or louder than my Xbox One X under load.  Sony seems to be incapable of designing a good cooling solutions on their consoles.  I had an OG 60gb PS3 that was considerably louder than my Halo 3 edition 360.

Perhaps the fan is shot? Swap it out for a new one?