Decent Earbuds

ThePointblank
Go to solution Solved by rapidkillerx,

go for the galaxy buds, apparently the audio quality is super good for the category they're in

Looking for a set of decent earbuds at a good price to complement my Samsung Galaxy S20+, as it doesn't have a headphone jack, and my favourite pair of earbuds won't work with them because they are wired.

Looking at the following options:

• Google Pixel Buds (2020 version) - not available yet, but appears to be a good mid-priced option
  • Sony WF-1000MX3 - Most expensive of the bunch, they are supposed to have excellent sound quality, plus, active noise cancellation
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ - Another mid-priced ear bud, should be the most compatible with my phone, with wireless power share compatibility with my phone, and out of the box compatibility. Strong battery life as well.

• Anker SoundCore Liberty Air 2 - cheapest of the bunch. Supposedly significantly better than their price point suggests, with an excellent microphone set as well

Which of the options is my best bet? I'm leaning towards the Samsung's, but the Anker's price is compelling. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, ThePointblank said:

Looking for a set of decent earbuds at a good price to complement my Samsung Galaxy S20+, as it doesn't have a headphone jack, and my favourite pair of earbuds won't work with them because they are wired.

• Google Pixel Buds (2020 version) - not available yet, but appears to be a good mid-priced option
  • Sony WF-1000MX3 - Most expensive of the bunch, they are supposed to have excellent sound quality, plus, active noise cancellation
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ - Another mid-priced ear bud, should be the most compatible with my phone, with wireless power share compatibility with my phone, and out of the box compatibility. Strong battery life as well.

• Anker SoundCore Liberty Air 2 - cheapest of the bunch. Supposedly significantly better than their price point suggests, with an excellent microphone set as well

Which of the options is my best bet? I'm leaning towards the Samsung's, but the Anker's price is compelling. Thanks.

The anker's seem to be a pretty good deal. Both buds are probably in the same league. Had the Sony's, not a fan of the fit on those so got the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 buds which are the best on the market.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

go for the galaxy buds, apparently the audio quality is super good for the category they're in

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

The past month I've been using Jabra 75t's and they're definitely the best wireless earbuds I've used so far. They fit me super well, sounds good, but a bit bass heavy, the microphone doesn't sound bad and there's physical buttons. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

What are your favorite buds ? Just so I can get an idea of what you like

11 hours ago, ThePointblank said:

Also there are ways to get existing buds to work with them personally I use a fiio btr5 but there are cheaper solutions you can use with them

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

What are your favorite buds ? Just so I can get an idea of what you like

I was rocking a set of Sennheiser CX 1.00's from a few years ago. Old, fairly cheap at the time, but decent.

I'm going to go with my first instinct, which are the Samsung Galaxy Buds+. They seem like the best fit, so I've placed an order with the local Best Buy for them.