How many watts do i need?

KrutoyEegrok
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

why do you have 860w for a single gpu? Are you planning for SLI or do the titan blacks pull that much?

I had two 780Tis until last week. I also plan on buying another Titan Black soon. 

So I was running SLI, which is why I have an 860w.

@KrutoyEegrok

At least 800 watts. I would go for a 1000 watt 80+ PSU to allow head room and be more efficient.

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

750 watts, here is a video of tom talking about it 

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

A Watt is not a measure of the amount of electricity so it is not an amount. A watt is the rate of transfer of energy. But anyway a 700-800w PSU will be fine

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

@KrutoyEegrok

At least 800 watts. I would go for a 1000 watt 80+ PSU to allow head room and be more efficient.

why are you getting 1000 watts for dual 780? Not even ti. It says in your signature

750 will do it, but I'd go with a 800/850w.

why do you have 860w for a single gpu? Are you planning for SLI or do the titan blacks pull that much?

I had two 780Tis until last week. I also plan on buying another Titan Black soon. 

why are you getting 1000 watts for dual 780? Not even ti. It says in your signature

Coz my system is pulling 700+ and my 780's aren't OC'd. So... Yeah  ^_^

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

I'm running 2 x HD 7950's and an i5 running 4.2 @ 1.015v on an RM 750w so with the Nvidia gpu's being less power hungry than AMD, i'd say a 750 would be enough mate.

MSI Z87 XPower, I5 4670k, 4x4gb Avexir MPower, 2 x HD7950, XFX Pro750w, Intel 335 180gb boot, 250gb Samy pro games, 60gb OCZ Vertex music, Monsta 420,ST30 360, 140mm / 120mm Akasa Vipers in push pull, D5 Vario, Koolance top, Bitspower ZMulti250, Fesser Fittings all round, Mayhems sunset Yellow, 32" LG monitor, 23" Asus monitor, Microlab Solo 7c's, Bheringer MS20's, R.A.T7, Steelseries Merc Stealth

can I have your 780 ti's?

"Had'. I've sold them already xD

What difference is there in gaming on a single titan black over a single 780 ti in your experience?

What difference is there in gaming on a single titan black over a single 780 ti in your experience?

I never used the 780Ti on its own. I had two from the start (:

In a lot of games there'll be no difference, but in some (Like Skyrim) I'm seeing higher FPS than I got with two 780Tis because I'm not hitting VRAM limits anymore. Unless you're playing on 3 monitors or in 4k, you won't see any difference. 

I never used the 780Ti on its own. I had two from the start (:

In a lot of games there'll be no difference, but in some (Like Skyrim) I'm seeing higher FPS than I got with two 780Tis because I'm not hitting VRAM limits anymore. Unless you're playing on 3 monitors or in 4k, you won't see any difference. 

Judging from this, I am guessing you are playing on three monitors. How is that working out with the single titan black?

@KrutoyEegrok

Start watching that video from TLL at 2:02

Judging from this, I am guessing you are playing on three monitors. How is that working out with the single titan black?

It's doing pretty well. I'm not maxing everything with games like BF4 or AC4, but it's not hitting VRAM limits like my 780Tis were. I'll be bake to compare them when I get my second one

It's doing pretty well. I'm not maxing everything with games like BF4 or AC4, but it's not hitting VRAM limits like my 780Tis were. I'll be bake to compare them when I get my second one

I am very familiar with my frame rate in BF4. The monitors that you play on, are they 1080p or 1440p? What settings do you play on in BF4? What is your frame rate in BF4?

I am very familiar with my frame rate in BF4. The monitors that you play on, are they 1080p or 1440p? What settings do you play on in BF4? What is your frame rate in BF4?

They're 1080p. Not even 4 Titan Blacks are powerful enough to properly play on 3 1440p monitors. I use ultra/high settings on BF4 (no AA) and get around 45FPS with one Titan Black. With my second it will hopefully be above 60FPS at ultra. 

Start watching that video from TLL at 2:02

Yeah, I watched it and I did the same exact thing with the current rig with 2 780's in. My system was pulling over 700 watts and they weren't at 100% full load. That is my reason for arranging a 1000 watt PSU.

They're 1080p. Not even 4 Titan Blacks are powerful enough to properly play on 3 1440p monitors. I use ultra/high settings on BF4 (no AA) and get around 45FPS with one Titan Black. With my second it will hopefully be above 60FPS at ultra.

cool, thanks. Your information was very informative and helpful.