what gpu do i upgrade to?

jonfunko

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzmtFG is my current machine, and im looking to upgrade my graphics card, but i dont know what to get the last time i was smart on graphic cards was the 770 and r9 290x time frames  primarily i play second life using the firestorm launcher,  pso, world of warcraft, and cs go, occasionally gta V at 1440p on one monitor and 1080p on another both 60hz  my current gpu is a Acer predator rx580 4gb with a nvidia 700 series black reference cooler and on it and im hoping to get something quiter and more powerful, this system was a mash of parts we found in a micro center and hand me downs, so im not sure what gpus to be looking for, my budget is 300 USD max  with amazon, best buy,and micro center as preferred retailers, i just dont know how the spec all work i just know how to slide it into the slot and turn on the computer.

Why not upgrade to 144(plus) monitor first?

Just a suggestion.

I edit my posts more often than not

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Why not upgrade to 144(plus) monitor first?

Just a suggestion.

because my monitors, are fine for me being a primary mmo player also i only max out at like 100fps in wow.

1080 Ti works well, but maybe upgrade your monitor. A 580 works pretty well so you'd see better performance with a nicer monitor 

3 minutes ago, jonfunko said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzmtFG is my current machine, and im looking to upgrade my graphics card, but i dont know what to get the last time i was smart on graphic cards was the 770 and r9 290x time frames  primarily i play second life using the firestorm launcher,  pso, world of warcraft, and cs go, occasionally gta V at 1440p on one monitor and 1080p on another both 60hz  my current gpu is a Acer predator rx580 4gb with a nvidia 700 series black reference cooler and on it and im hoping to get something quiter and more powerful, this system was a mash of parts we found in a micro center and hand me downs, so im not sure what gpus to be looking for, my budget is 300 USD max  with amazon, best buy,and micro center as preferred retailers, i just dont know how the spec all work i just know how to slide it into the slot and turn on the computer.

Newegg has this available, which is a good deal:

https://www.newegg.com/asrock-radeon-rx-5600-xt-rx5600xt-pgd3-6go/p/N82E16814930028?Item=N82E16814930028&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https%3a%2f%2fpcpartpicker.com%2fproduct%2fZ3NgXL%2fasrock-radeon-rx-5600-xt-6-gb-phantom-gaming-d-oc-video-card-rx5600xt-pgd3-6go&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-eW4wYiKnvWv_6skNktVpmg

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

You can probably get a 1080 on ebay for about 300 bucks unless the prices went up.

6 minutes ago, jonfunko said:

New ? 

5600xt or a 5700 

Used ? Look for a 1080 or something

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, Xayrn said:

1080 Ti works well, but maybe upgrade your monitor. A 580 works pretty well so you'd see better performance with a nicer monitor 

why am i upgrading my monitor, my 1440p monitor i get 100 fps max while playing wow, and my 580 is a 4gb model, also your saying im going to see better preformance, meaning more frames and higher details by upgrading my 1440p 60hz monitor? or are you talking about my 1080p which i use for stream manager and chat

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

New ? 

5600xt or a 5700 

Used ? Look for a 1080 or something

new

Just now, jonfunko said:

new

Then go for the new option lol

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

Just now, Xayrn said:

I mean, it's alright, kind of unneeded for a 60hz monitor

you know, you buy a graphics card now...but in a year or two from now? still using it likely because you bought a bit more than what you need...or you're already seeking an upgrade because you cheaped out and bought the minimum just to scrape by for now :)

So which is better? buying lower end twice? and suffering worse performance all along...or buying a nice one ONCE, and enjoying good performance for a couple years :D

See :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Then go for the new option lol

why are you all sating, 5700 over something nvidia, are the amd ones that much quiter?

1 minute ago, jonfunko said:

5700 over something nvidia, are the amd ones that much quiter?

They are better p/p

Build Log: 

Just now, jonfunko said:

why are you all sating, 5700 over something nvidia, are the amd ones that much quiter?

they are not quieter or better or any of that...it's just that in your price range you get more performance from AMD.