Looking for best laptop..

I want to buy a high quality laptop, not just the best specs for the price. I think I only want a 17 inch but! I'll consider other options.. I want a minimum of a 2070 Super, preferably max p. 2080 Super would be ideal as I plug into a 1440p UW when home. 

I want the best performance and decent cooling over build quality but I'd like to not sacrifice anything if possible.

So far I'm thinking one of the following:

Alienware m17 r3

MSI GE75

Eluktronics MAX 17

Asus Scar 17

Gigabyte Aorus 17G

Aorus 17X

Sager w/2070 Super

Etc.. 

I already have a GE75 10sf with a 2070 that I'll be selling, so far I really do like the GE75 but I'm not sure how it'll hold up over time? 

I was not considering Alienware at first until I realized they're using the max p 2070/2080 Supers. They appear to be some of the thinnest laptops with those GPUs specifically. It looks like they upgraded the cooling and voltage regulation for the GPUs so I'm not sure if they'll have thermal issues like last gen.. I also can't believe they're practically the same price as the MSI and Asus, I wasn't expecting that. 

Which should I go for? Alienware, MSI or Asus? Not worried about memory being soldered on Alienware as I'll get 32GB anyway. Or should I save money and just get the Eluktronics MAX 17 with 2070 Super max p? If I go the cheaper route, Eluktronics or Sager? Is the Gigabyte with mechanical switches worth the Super high premium that come with the 17G and 17X?

Please throw out other options that I can't think of or don't know about. I'm thinking of spending $2,700 before taxes.

Thanks! 

Any reason for getting a new laptop now that's basically the same one but from a different brand? Your ge75 is already a really good laptop.

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Any reason for getting a new laptop now that's basically the same one but from a different brand? Your ge75 is already a really good laptop.

Just want the best performance. The 2070 model I have is actually pretty damn good and handles the ultrawide pretty well.. I'm just never happy lol. 

Just now, mrdoubtfull said:

Just want the best performance. The 2070 model I have is actually pretty damn good and handles the ultrawide pretty well.. I'm just never happy lol. 

Get a desktop? Not much better to be had in the laptop space. You should already be more than able to handle anything. There really isn't a point in going any further. That and rtx3000 is here in a couple months and will end up in laptops soon after.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Get a desktop? Not much better to be had in the laptop space. You should already be more than able to handle anything. There really isn't a point in going any further. That and rtx3000 is here in a couple months and will end up in laptops soon after.

I haven't been able to really find many reviews for the performance difference and the price goes up a crazy amount lol. 

How much better do you think the 2080 150w GE75 is over the 2070 model I have? I can get a good used one for the same price I paid for the 2070. I'll only be losing the 10750h to 9750h but I'll have 32GB ram instead of 16.. Seems better than a 2070 Super max p right? 

11 minutes ago, mrdoubtfull said:

I haven't been able to really find many reviews for the performance difference and the price goes up a crazy amount lol. 

How much better do you think the 2080 150w GE75 is over the 2070 model I have? I can get a good used one for the same price I paid for the 2070. I'll only be losing the 10750h to 9750h but I'll have 32GB ram instead of 16.. Seems better than a 2070 Super max p right? 

The 2080 will be around 5% better. So yeah not worth it.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The 2080 will be around 5% better. So yeah not worth it.

No.. I'm sorry but I don't think that's correct. The 2070 is 115w with lower clocks, cores, etc and the 2080 is 150w with more everything. The 2070 Super might be 5-10% better but shouldn't the 2080 be ~20% better? All max p cards. 

This is what I couldn't find online the other day so I'm a bit confused myself.. I know the performance increase after the 2060/2070 isn't really worth it but it can't be that bad? 

12 minutes ago, mrdoubtfull said:

No.. I'm sorry but I don't think that's correct. The 2070 is 115w with lower clocks, cores, etc and the 2080 is 150w with more everything. The 2070 Super might be 5-10% better but shouldn't the 2080 be ~20% better? All max p cards. 

This is what I couldn't find online the other day so I'm a bit confused myself.. I know the performance increase after the 2060/2070 isn't really worth it but it can't be that bad? 

My bad thought it was the max a 2080.

A optimally cooled 2080 mobile would perform 15-20% better but the msi does not have enough cooling power so it's basically a bit better performing 2080max q so give or take 10-15%. So pretty much not worth the swap. Any reason it has to be a laptop?

17 minutes ago, jaslion said:

My bad thought it was the max a 2080.

A optimally cooled 2080 mobile would perform 15-20% better but the msi does not have enough cooling power so it's basically a bit better performing 2080max q so give or take 10-15%. So pretty much not worth the swap. Any reason it has to be a laptop?

I want a laptop to move between home and RV. We're traveling a bit at the moment.. I have a desktop ill rebuild when zen 3 comes out.. 

Yeah, I'd say save your money. At the very least, wait to see if there will be any laptops pairing RTX 3000 GPUs with Ryzen 4000 CPUs.

11 hours ago, mrdoubtfull said:

I want a laptop to move between home and RV. We're traveling a bit at the moment.. I have a desktop ill rebuild when zen 3 comes out.. 

I'd say keep what you have as it's not really worth investing money into a laptop that is barely better and does have a worse cpu by a little bit.