G_K

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/61603/Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Coming-to-New-Generation-Consoles-in-2021?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=gtavnewconsoles-06112020&utm_content=newswire

GTA Online will continue on to the new generation with more new updates including additional GTA Online content exclusive to the new consoles and PC

GTA 5 Remastered.jpg

They sure want to milk that game for ever, don't they? I don't blame them, I played it on Xbox 360, and still playing on PC, and have it on PS4 for kids to have fun with, but how many times can we buy the same game?

Is GTAV getting milked harder than Skyrim yet? I guess Rockstar doesnt have anything ready to show off yet so this is the best they can do. Probably also going to bring RDR2 to the Playstation Router as well.

3 minutes ago, Haaselh0ff said:

Is GTAV getting milked harder than Skyrim yet? I guess Rockstar doesnt have anything ready to show off yet so this is the best they can do. Probably also going to bring RDR2 to the Playstation Router as well.

Playstation Router. Love it! In another thread, I asked "what the hell is this thing?"... You answered it:D

I would be surprised if they didn't port it to next gen, even if GTA 6 was announced.

1 minute ago, Darpyface said:

I would be surprised if they didn't port it to next gen, even if GTA 6 was announced.

Speaking of ports and next gen system... I haven't been paying too much attention to the news, but is the PS5 not going to be backwards compatible with PS4 games?

GTA 5 Online is or might be a separate game ? 

18 minutes ago, drumn_bass said:

They sure want to milk that game for ever, don't they? I don't blame them, I played it on Xbox 360, and still playing on PC, and have it on PS4 for kids to have fun with, but how many times can we buy the same game?

You've clearly never heard of Nintendo before.

5 minutes ago, drumn_bass said:

Speaking of ports and next gen system... I haven't been paying too much attention to the news, but is the PS5 not going to be backwards compatible with PS4 games?

this.jpg.4387db8129da2bd197fc947a01c86fd2.jpg

-Moved to Console Gaming-

Please read the posting guidelines for tech news.

Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING - Tech News - Linus Tech Tips

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Am i the only one that's still pissed about them scrapping the single player DLC for GTAV so they could focus on their micro-transaction fueled juggernaut? 

Visual updates? I'm still quite frustrated and admittedly a little salty that RS chose not to release an X and Pro patch to bring the game up to 4k or at least 1440p.

Okay, so basically what we are being told here is that Online is going F2P at the very least for the two upcoming consoles and we can expect it to at the very least look better. What run better means, idk. Fixing performance bugs or actual 60fps and beyond? Anyway, that article mentions "versions", not a patch for existing PS4 and One versions. So I assume that means they are going to be releasing the single player for three console generations now?

So does this mean that GTA V will not work through backwards compatibility? The 360 version doesn't on the One, presumably because there exists a One specific version. RS obviously has a ton of pull. If they ask MS and Sony, I'm sure it wouldn't be a supported game despite MS saying all One games will work on the Series X. I guess if online is free, that really isn't the end of the world but it still would be nice if they would just update the PS4 and One versions of the game on the new consoles instead of us having to go out and buy the game yet again if we want enhanced single player graphics.

So I'm wondering if that means the game won't work through backwards compatibility when the new consoles launch or if once RS releases the next gen version, MS and Sony will lock the old versions out from working anymore. Really, that isn't a big deal for online, since it is free and just requires you to download the game again. But I guess there are still people who haven't played single player yet so they will be forced to buy the specific next gen version. 

All that said, if this means we will be getting a separate achievement list for the game, I won't be too upset about buying it a fourth time. It's always fun running through GTA games for achievements. If we don't get a separate achievement list, I won't be buying the game a fourth time since the only point in playing single player would be to relive the campaign and I would rather just do that on PC so I run it with mods. 

11 hours ago, Totallycasual said:

Am i the only one that's still pissed about them scrapping the single player DLC for GTAV so they could focus on their micro-transaction fueled juggernaut? 

Well, yeah. I'm sad we didn't get DLC but I'm not sure how big of effect online had. If anything, it just gave them even more money that they could have pumped into single player. I think they just chose not to do it. GTA IV was really the only GTA game that had proper single player DLC so it isn't like we had come to expect this from GTA games.

I still can't believe people buy Shark Cards. I had pretty much everything I wanted online by the time I hit level 100 and once I hit 120, I was pretty much out of things to buy because I invested my early earnings and it payed off dividends as I leveled up. I'm still only like level 170 or something IIRC and I have like 15 million in the bank and have just been buying random things that go on sale because I don't know what to do with my money. I have so many cars, military vehicles, stupid flying vehicles, yacht, and the best locations for pretty much all money making properties (at least IMO) with everything fully maxed out, garages, two high end apartments, etc. Never needed to buy a Shark Card once.

Only impatient people who don't know how to farm or grind buy Shark Cards. I've met people well over my level who are flat broke and have to sell cars to get enough money to buy things they want. Many still don't even own the MC businesses or nightclub.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:57 PM, Escanor said:

Game that lasted 3 console generations 🥱

Super mario Bros says hi from 5 gens + handhelds.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?