Which CPU cooler should I get and how do I install it?

bluecew

My PC is a prebuilt from 4 years ago and it came with the Intel stock cooler. I was talking with a friend about CPUs and once I informed him of my CPU temperatures, he told me it was overheating. I never knew it was overheating and never did research for CPU temperatures so basically I was ignorant at the fact that my CPU was overheating all the time. I have been gaming for 4 years almost every day with the CPU at 70-80C in heavy AAA game titles (RDR2 pushes my CPU to the max at 85C). Once I realized these temperatures were not good (4 years later lol), I tried manually adjusting the fan curve in BIOS but it didn't do much.

I think I need a new CPU cooler because the Intel stock cooler is so trash. The problem is I am a complete noob when it comes to building computers (never built one) and I don't know which cooler is good for my LGA1151 Core i7-6700 @3.4GHz (non-k). Neither do I know how to install one.

Which cooler would be decent for my CPU? How would I uninstall my stock cooler and how would I install the new one? I have a mini-ATX motherboard. Please give me all the information I need because I am a beginner and I don't want to mess up and break stuff. Also I am worried about having a bulky cooler weighing down my small motherboard and bending it.

Arctic freezer 34 is a good low end bang for the buck cooler 

installing watch a video als products have instructions

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Your temps aren't particularly low but it's normal for a bundled stock cooler and not overheating. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.