Should this concern me

pasipapo
Go to solution Solved by Corsair Nick,

Yup, you guys are correct, the designation is for the regional plug.  Everything else is exactly the same for the PSU and modular cables.  Nothing to worry about in using that PSU in your build.

Built the system about a couple months ago, went to grab the extra SATA power cable out the box and noticed the sticker that has the product code 9020177-uk had another one underneath, so I peeled it back and found one with 9020177-WW. Where is WW from? On the Corsair website I see UK, EU, NA, AU and WW, I know them all apart from WW...

3CE4C665-1065-4797-9D8C-A407AD9F4004.jpeg

60EA3BB8-E36A-40F4-9A94-55574CB76888.jpeg

I would have to guess 'WW' in this case stands for 'worldwide'. Throwing in a British C13 cable (kettle lead) and now it's a UK model.

That's just my guess. 

@Corsair Nick Maybe the Corsair rep on our forum can confirm/give an explanation why it was done this way?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 minutes ago, minibois said:

I would have to guess 'WW' in this case stands for 'worldwide'. Throwing in a British C13 cable (kettle lead) and now it's a UK model.

That's just my guess. 

@Corsair Nick Maybe the Corsair rep on our forum can confirm/give an explanation why it was done this way?

Thanks for the reply! I guessed it could be worldwide but it just feels very strange to have the UK sticker on top of this one so thought I would ask just in case, I’ve been using Corsair products for 15 years and always been happy but this just annoyed me a little since I had no idea if it’s actually uk or not and maybe it’s designed for a different regions power outlets, the paranoid side of me came out lol

2 minutes ago, pasipapo said:

Thanks for the reply! I guessed it could be worldwide but it just feels very strange to have the UK sticker on top of this one so thought I would ask just in case, I’ve been using Corsair products for 15 years and always been happy but this just annoyed me a little since I had no idea if it’s actually uk or not and maybe it’s designed for a different regions power outlets, the paranoid side of me came out lol

Most modern products including power supplies, and chargers for your phone are made to suit the 110 through 240V for so you can use it in any region. That's why the WW sticker was there, however because the PSU was being sold in the UK, with a UK plug, they put the other sticker over.

8 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Most modern products including power supplies, and chargers for your phone are made to suit the 110 through 240V for so you can use it in any region. That's why the WW sticker was there, however because the PSU was being sold in the UK, with a UK plug, they put the other sticker over.

Thanks for the reply that puts my mind at ease, so I’m guessing most of the power supplies will have this kind of thing, my psu was sealed when it arrived so that makes sense, thanks!

Yup, you guys are correct, the designation is for the regional plug.  Everything else is exactly the same for the PSU and modular cables.  Nothing to worry about in using that PSU in your build.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/