Entire PC Freezing/Crashing randomly

Khoomn
2 minutes ago, maksic87 said:

Hey according to this you are 4 versions behind on BIOS.

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X570-P/HelpDesk_Download/

There was a patch in there to "improve system stability" so you just might flash BIOS to the latest version and see if you still have the issues. Ofc if you are comfortable in doing so. 

I usually patch as soon as an update is out.

Good luck on this and let us know what happened if you managed to find some time to test all of this.

been trying to avoid bios updating but i guess im gonna have to do it sooner or later

Just now, Khoomn said:

been trying to avoid bios updating but i guess im gonna have to do it sooner or later

I know that feeling. Was sh*tscared of anything that even remotely had to do with any updates of any of the firmware. 

Then, at one point in 2005. I believe, I had a stubborn mobo that just did not want to work with the card that was bought by one of the customers in a brand new PC config.

(that's why I dislike Gigabyte to this day...).

It was really exhausting and frustrating. I knew the hardware was good, separate testing worked perfectly but when we put those two together they just did not budge.

Then, I decided to do it. Gonna flash it, whatever happens. And it worked, all of the problems disappeared. Card was now working as it should. And once that was done I was happy to flash anything. 

The most important thing, and you have to keep this in mind at all times, read the manuals and notes. Read them in depth, every time when it comes to firmware updates.

Sometimes you need to update gradually, sometimes you can flash the latest version right away, but be in the know when these things are done, better 5 minutes spent on reading then 20 in frustration over a piece of hardware that you need to RMA or recycle. Nowadays there is usually a flashback option but just to be sure, read it. 

As I said, best of luck and godspeed. Let us know how you fared with this. 

On 6/11/2020 at 7:09 PM, maksic87 said:

Try slipping in the old GPU before anything and test.

Also could you send us the exact mobo model and revision? Would love to investigate if anyone else had a same issue.

I have been having somewhat similar issues, I found this trying to search for a solution.

However my PC doesn't black screen and shut down, firefox just locks up and refuses to do anything, and cant be ctrl+alt+deleted.

I don't want to derail this thread or anything, but figured I'd chime in. I'm following in the hopes when I get home and try some of these things that the OP has been recommended it works for me.

I have an ASUS X570-TUF GAMING w/wifi. Most recent BIOS.

I think I have a fix for you, but I hope I don't get your hopes up too much. I had a similar issue for 6 months and 3-5 times a day my PC will just become unusable/freeze.

I think there's a bug when the GPU is exiting out of low power mode and to get rid of it, you have to change the Power management mode to "Prefer maximum performance" in the Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings.

Keep in mind that this is not a perfect solution. It will make your GPU run at high clocks all the time and increase your power draw. This should probably used only if it happens really frequently like it did in my case.

On 6/16/2020 at 11:39 AM, riyusso said:

I think I have a fix for you, but I hope I don't get your hopes up too much. I had a similar issue for 6 months and 3-5 times a day my PC will just become unusable/freeze.

I think there's a bug when the GPU is exiting out of low power mode and to get rid of it, you have to change the Power management mode to "Prefer maximum performance" in the Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings.

Keep in mind that this is not a perfect solution. It will make your GPU run at high clocks all the time and increase your power draw. This should probably used only if it happens really frequently like it did in my case.

yeah i did that and so far i havent had any problems since then

im having a similar issue but for AMD
and it only seems to happen on desktop or when watching youtube or a video... playing games and doing 3D renderings are just fine

On 6/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, riyusso said:

I would also like to confirm that this worked for me.

Thank you so much!