Urgent Help needed with LED Strips

MagmaCreamy

Hey guys so i currently own a B450 Tomahawk Max and im going to be buying 2x 5V led strips but my motherboard has 2x 5050 RGB LED strip 12V connectors what do i do? Wouldnt 12V fry 5V?

Also i cant change the led strips because this is the only good one in my country the rest are garbage off-brand ones with 1 specific led...

Cut it out with the URGENT ... your computer's not gonna explode if you don't get an answer right away.

No, you can't use 5v led strips with 12v headers. You'll damage the led strips - the leds have a tiny chip/processor which controls how bright each red, green and blue led are and that chip can only hadle up to around 5.5v

You're in 2020, you can order stuff online. No need to buy stuff locally if there's nothing good available.

Now suck it up and either buy a led strip controller that creates the 5v headers, or buy 12 led strips.

1. My computer wont explode but i need to buy the strips pretty soon as it isnt my PC its for someone else.
2. I am ordering online but as i said those are the only good LED strips in my country.. i dont have amazon.
3. Why are you acting so toxic i just asked a question, You could have just not answered it if you were gonna put it up your ass.

ill try looking around for an Led Controller.

16 minutes ago, MagmaCreamy said:

Hey guys so i currently own a B450 Tomahawk Max and im going to be buying 2x 5V led strips but my motherboard has 2x 5050 RGB LED strip 12V connectors what do i do? Wouldnt 12V fry 5V?

1 minute ago, MagmaCreamy said:

as it isnt my PC its for someone else.

Sure.

41 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Sure.

Yes i do currently own the B450? whats your problem mate?

-> Moved to Case Modding and Other Mods

I'm going with

1. Cut urgent. This is international forum and you won't get quality answers by rushing things. It's not our fault that you haven't done research yourself or are acting too late with this.
  2. There are couple ARGB to RGB adapters, but their availability is sparse atm.
  3. Closest you can get to adapter is using proprietary system.

@mariushm

If you can't be nice, don't post. OP is quite correct to be building for someone else AND saying they don't have stuff easily available. Not everyone has European online markets to utilize.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, MagmaCreamy said:

Also i cant change the led strips because this is the only good one in my country the rest are garbage off-brand ones with 1 specific led...

if you don't have a 5v header you need some sort of usb controller but atm its hard to find online.... also with out knowing what strips you got i cant tell you what connector on them so there that too.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links