Can a SSD cause Access violation

Go to solution Solved by Pakom,

Played City Skylines now and got a crash access violation 0xc0000005error.log

Would like to know how to fix it.

Hi i was just wondering is it possible for a SSD to cause a access violation because i check my ram i throw memtest at it with no errors and i did a new Windows.

I have now Addlink s70 1tb and was wondering if that is the case i tough of buying SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus 1 tb

Unlikely it would cause access violation.

However, as I've understood the error, it could be caused by other things than faulty H/W, too, such as buggy drivers. But probably no SSD will install their own drivers (as they are pretty standard H/W). Also, the whole stack from the SSD down to your chip-set (and beyond) is quite well tested and standard, I wouldn't expect those drivers to be buggy. I would look at other drivers for problems.

That being said, memtest only tests a small subsection of the computer. There could still be faults elsewhere (M/B, CPU...). It's not even 100% accurate on finding pure memory faults, either.

I check the GPU with a stress test and the CPU to but im running out of ideas i did Everything possible on the Software Side.

I also get error from it so i believe its the SSD.753680020_SSDSmart.thumb.png.a625cc04417fad89e3610dedb2cf1935.png

10 minutes ago, Pakom said:

Hi i was just wondering is it possible for a SSD to cause a access violation because i check my ram i throw memtest at it with no errors and i did a new Windows.

I have now Addlink s70 1tb and was wondering if that is the case i tough of buying SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus 1 tb

Access Violation errors are always about trying to read or write to RAM where the memory has not be allocated, or already freed (eg the use-after-free bugs). Write down the address when it happens and then compare the address. If it's always within the same number range (eg if your DDR DIMM's have 4 chips on them each and you have 4, and one is failing, it will always be the same address range that the chip is in. So if you have 16GB of RAM each chip is 1GB or a range of 0x0 to 0x3FFFFFFF for the first GB, 0x40000000 to 0x7FFFFFFF for the next GB, and so forth.) 

However the message itself tends to be confused with "Access Denied" which is typically a file system error.

If you're seeing errors in the same application, assume it's the application. If you're seeing the errors repeatedly, in different programs, and different times of the day, that's usually a sign of a RAM or a CPU issue. Not a disk issue.

A disk issue will usually vary from hard lock-ups to BSOD's citing the root filesystem has been ejected/unmounted. Rarely does it result in an error message as a symptom. Error messages about unable to read or write to a file is typically because something else has the same file open, or the file is protected by the OS.

Memory tests will not catch failing memory if it's thermally related. The memory testing software does not also stress the memory controller.

Should i focus then on getting ram sticks and testing it out if it isn't the ram stick what are the chances of a fault CPU btw: Ryzen 5 3600

O and it happens in Every Game and its been bugging me for Months they simple close without warning me.

I Believe its Access violation some apps say so or Event Log. 

3 minutes ago, Pakom said:

Should i focus then on getting ram sticks and testing it out if it isn't the ram stick what are the chances of a fault CPU btw: Ryzen 5 3600

O and it happens in Every Game and its been bugging me for Months they simple close without warning me.

I Believe its Access violation some apps say so or Event Log. 

If it's only happening in games and not say your web browser, that sounds like thermally-related problem, and is likely the CPU cooling that's the issue.

To be fair, on AMD cpu's, the makeup of the chiplet design makes it harder to troubleshoot, since a Ryzen 5 would have one chiplet in a corner of the space rather than the center.

I have a Dark Rock Pro 4 so i believe Thermals are not a problem i check i tried also the GPU RX 5700 xt with 70 % Fan speed it ran cool the entire time in my test and it still crashed.

And the browser doesn't crash.

Edited by Pakom
More Info

Played City Skylines now and got a crash access violation 0xc0000005error.log

Would like to know how to fix it.