xbox 360 wired controller

50 mk
Go to solution Solved by WiiManic,

its a xbox 360 controller I got from Walmart  wired I got it a few years back though but it worked like few weeks ago 

If its a wired one, then its a broken controller it seems. On both 7 and 8 mine worked with just connecting it .

yea I have a 360 controller if anyone wants to help I'm on windows 8.1 64 bit I have wired white 360 controller that does not want to work I plug it in and said unknown device from the usb in device manager now I downloaded the driver if you wanna call it that from Microsoft still no luck Luck I went to device manager and tried to update it no luck tried going in let me pick it from my computer went down to Microsoft on the right side it said nothing about game controller on the left side no luck I plugged it in my other computer same error so I'm wondering if it is the device but I can press the middle button and it flashes I'm on wifi I'm just woundering if anyone could help if it is dead I'll just get another controller but I'm used to this one anyway thanks for reading this and help helping me :)

yea I have a 360 controller if anyone wants to help I'm on windows 8.1 64 bit I have wired white 360 controller that does not want to work I plug it in and said unknown device from the usb in device manager now I downloaded the driver if you wanna call it that from Microsoft still no luck Luck I went to device manager and tried to update it no luck tried going in let me pick it from my computer went down to Microsoft on the right side it said nothing about game controller on the left side no luck I plugged it in my other computer same error so I'm wondering if it is the device but I can press the middle button and it flashes I'm on wifi I'm just woundering if anyone could help if it is dead I'll just get another controller but I'm used to this one anyway thanks for reading this and help helping me :)

Sounds like you have a faulty controller. I have one and you should be able to plug and play.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Hm, my wired controller worked straight away on 8.1 64 bit.

Is it a true wired controller or a wireless with plug-n-play? Thats the only thing I can think of, should work straight off.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Not trying to be a dink but periods really help with readability.

Try doing this exact same thing except select the first driver.

Hm, my wired controller worked straight away on 8.1 64 bit.

Is it a true wired controller or a wireless with plug-n-play? Thats the only thing I can think of, should work straight off.

its a xbox 360 controller I got from Walmart  wired I got it a few years back though but it worked like few weeks ago 

I don't even have other device in device mangier the only thing I'm seeing is on bus controllers unknown usb device  device descritor request failed

If its a wired one, then its a broken controller it seems. On both 7 and 8 mine worked with just connecting it .

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

well that sucks although it has been a good few years I had it so I'm not mad a little now I have to buy a new one but it's OK any controllers you recommend anyone 

any good controllers you recommend? besides the 360 prob going that rought again but mamby not

any good controllers you recommend? besides the 360 prob going that rought again but mamby not

Nothing comes to mind other than the 360 controller.

Nothing comes to mind other than the 360 controller.

yea it is the best isn't it?

Are you plugging it into a USB 3.0 device? Windows 8.1 has given me a ton of trouble with USB 3.0.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks