Ryzen vs intel

Looking at maybe doing my 1st build. Dont want to be spending the world but at same time i would like to be able to play games on high settings (1080p) with half decent fps.

With that in mind im potential looking at possibly using i5-1060k or ryzen 5 3600x

Which would be the better choice ( not looking to overclock as its 1st build and no idea how to)

Also whats a good motherboard choice to pair with the cpu

2 minutes ago, Bert192 said:

A b450 tomhawk max for the 3600 would be great but if you can wait get a b550 board

2 minutes ago, Bert192 said:

i5-1060k or ryzen 5 3600x

Neither 

Get a 3600 

Better ipc count and its cheaper

Edited by TofuHaroto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

21 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

A b450 tomhawk max for the 3600 would be great but if you can wait get a b550 board

Im in no rush im just looking at options right now so can wait for b550. Thanks for the help :) 

Just now, Bert192 said:

Im in no rush im just looking at options right now so can wait for b550. Thanks for the help :)

Good luck with the build ;)

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

1 hour ago, Bert192 said:

Looking at maybe doing my 1st build. Dont want to be spending the world but at same time i would like to be able to play games on high settings (1080p) with half decent fps.

With that in mind im potential looking at possibly using i5-1060k or ryzen 5 3600x

Which would be the better choice ( not looking to overclock as its 1st build and no idea how to)

Intel 9900k. AMD is shit

4 minutes ago, THOMSETHOM said:

Intel 9900k. AMD is shit

You clearly don't know what your talking about 

Build Log: 

3 hours ago, Bert192 said:

Either chip is a great choice, however, the 10600k is best if you pair with a z490 and OC it.  You can effectively get top tier gaming performance available with an OC at a very mid range price.

Ryzen is much better suited for plug and play, as it comes out of the box performing pretty fantastic, has minimal headroom to OC, and you really cant push it much farther anyways (4.2-4.3 ghz all core, maybe).

It's one of those things that if you want the absolute best, love to tinker, and have the time/money intel is the right choice.  But that is a small subset, whereas most people want to plug it in, not mess around in BIOS, save a buck and get great performance.  The 3600 is what I would do if I was you.  There's a reason most people are buying that chip, its an amazing all around deal.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar