Pc won't post (Zotac gtx 750 1gb ddr3)

My pc spec's:

Cpu: Core 2 duo e6500

Ram: 4gb

Mobo: esonic g41cdl2

Psu: 500w (12v-16A)

I just bought a used gtx 750 and hooked in up on my pc(i was using GeForce 210). First few times it booted and display showed up but after a few moments screen got gray ( i thought i did because of msi afterburner i overclocked my past gpu GeForce 210) and i had to restart (driver wasn't installed). After 3 times it wont post anymore fan still spins but i think is spins a bit slow.idk why

i have tried some things with my other gpu so i know :

1)my pci slot is working.

2)dvi to vga converter is working.

3)disabling intergraded graphics doesn't do anything.

4)i have cmos battery removed for a few minutes.

After a fresh windows installation still no post. But twice i saw my monitor power led turd blue(it turns blue if it gets some kind of signal otherwise it stays orange)

But nothing shows up. 

So the gpu is dead or i need a better psu.

2 minutes ago, Naeem Hossain said:

My pc spec's:

I just bought a used gtx 750 and hooked in up on my pc(i was using GeForce 210). First few times it booted and display showed up but after a few moments screen got gray ( i thought i did because of msi afterburner i overclocked my past gpu GeForce 210) and i had to restart (driver wasn't installed). After 3 times it wont post anymore fan still spins but i think is spins a bit slow.idk why

After a fresh windows installation still no post. But twice i saw my monitor power led turd blue(it turns blue if it gets some kind of signal otherwise it stays orange)

But nothing shows up. 

do you have the manual?

10 minutes ago, Duckster said:

do you have the manual?

I do have the gpu manual.

7 minutes ago, emosun said:

make and model of powersupply

Its golden field 450w actually

Here is the label

received_750415602370700.jpeg

Not sure if i understand this correctly. Does your system POST when the 750 is not plugged in?

Or when you say that your PC doesn't post you mean it doesnt boot into windows?

7 hours ago, Doctor_GLaDOS said:

Not sure if i understand this correctly. Does your system POST when the 750 is not plugged in?

Or when you say that your PC doesn't post you mean it doesnt boot into windows?

It does post and boot into windows without the gtx card and even boot with my old gpu

8 hours ago, Naeem Hossain said:

Its golden field 450w actually

Here is the label

received_750415602370700.jpeg

That looks like a pretty crappy psu, it might be broken.

Just now, BBOOII said:

That looks like a pretty crappy psu, it might be broken.

its powering my old gpu just file it was 31w gtx 750 is 55w. idk what the problem is

43 minutes ago, Naeem Hossain said:

its powering my old gpu just file it was 31w gtx 750 is 55w. idk what the problem is

But it’s still a crappy psu, if you just kept your gpu you had before it probably would’ve had this issue anyway, I would buy a new psu if I were you. I’m certain your psu is the issue

5 minutes ago, BBOOII said:

But it’s still a crappy psu, if you just kept your gpu you had before it probably would’ve had this issue anyway, I would buy a new psu if I were you. I’m certain your psu is the issue

I hope so.but how did it worked the first few times and gave me gray screen.

I have a video look its doing that thing again monitor power button turns blue after a few moments.(it does this when it gets signal from video output) but still no post.

2 minutes ago, Naeem Hossain said:

I hope so.but how did it worked the first few times and gave me gray screen.

I have a video look its doing that thing again monitor power button turns blue after a few moments.(it does this when it gets signal from video output) but still no post.

The video doesn’t load, My internet is down and I’m using lte on my phone and lte is godawful. But I still think the power supply is the issue, if you keep trying to power it on the psu may actually blow up and destroy other things in the system please just unplug your system and don’t turn it on again until u get a new psu. Even a 20 watt increase could have messed up that psu based on what it is.

Just now, BBOOII said:

The video doesn’t load, My internet is down and I’m using lte on my phone and lte is godawful. But I still think the power supply is the issue, if you keep trying to power it on the psu may actually blow up and destroy other things in the system please just unplug your system and don’t turn it on again until u get a new psu. Even a 20 watt increase could have messed up that psu based on what it is.

yeah i have unpluged my gpu now just using the intergrated graphics without any gpu

5 minutes ago, Naeem Hossain said:

yeah i have unpluged my gpu now just using the intergrated graphics without any gpu

It may be fine for now but I would recommend a new psu as soon as you can, don’t play any too demanding games either.

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-650-g5-220-g5-0650-x1-650w/p/N82E16817438163?item=N82E16817438163&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-mobile&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-mobile-_-pla-_-power+supplies-_-N82E16817438163&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl73qz8Px6QIVT9bACh3TugOwEAQYASABEgLWnPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

i have the 750 w version of this psu, 650w should be more than enough for your system.

Edit: also it’s fully modular so it should look better as well and be easier to work with when installing.

13 hours ago, Naeem Hossain said:

My pc spec's:

But nothing shows up. 

Try putting that gpu in some friends system to see if it works correctly. If it does than the psu is probably the problem. 

Just now, BBOOII said:

It may be fine for now but I would recommend a new psu as soon as you can, don’t play any too demanding games either.

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-650-g5-220-g5-0650-x1-650w/p/N82E16817438163?item=N82E16817438163&source=googleshopping&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-mobile&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-mobile-_-pla-_-power+supplies-_-N82E16817438163&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl73qz8Px6QIVT9bACh3TugOwEAQYASABEgLWnPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

i have the 750 w version of this psu, 650w should be more than enough for your system.

Edit: also it’s fully modular so it should look better as well and be easier to work with when installing.

i just checked the box and it says minimum 400w power supply and 12v should have a minimum 20A rating......so its the psu then? coz my one delivers 16A on the 12v rail

Just now, FrostfireScorpion said:

Try putting that gpu in some friends system to see if it works correctly. If it does than the psu is probably the problem. 

i will try as soon as possible

20 hours ago, Naeem Hossain said:

My pc spec's:

But nothing shows up. 

So guys a quick update.... i just installed windows 7 (Previously was on windows 10) and now when i pluged the gpu in pc booted into windows.i installed all the drivers and started banchmark but as soon as the banchmark started the the whole system crashed. i tried to turn it back on but no post again...now every time it crashes i have to unplug the gpu plug the vga into onboard port then start the pc then boot into windows shut down then plug the gpu in and start the pc...(even crushes on desktop)

13 hours ago, Naeem Hossain said:

So guys a quick update.... i just installed windows 7 (Previously was on windows 10) and now when i pluged the gpu in pc booted into windows.i installed all the drivers and started banchmark but as soon as the banchmark started the the whole system crashed. i tried to turn it back on but no post again...now every time it crashes i have to unplug the gpu plug the vga into onboard port then start the pc then boot into windows shut down then plug the gpu in and start the pc...(even crushes on desktop)

I have an idea, this will probably atleast resolve any issues with windows. If you can make a Linux USB, boot up to it and just do whatever web browse etc... See if it runs stable. Then perhaps do something more intensive if you can. If it still crashes out then its hardware. It could be the PSU, but the system I have built for my mother and use a little here and there has a 1GB GDDR5 Zotac GTX 750 and that's running from a 300 watt PSU.

By for I'm not a Linux fanatic but it helps sometimes to just whip a quick live distro on a USB stick and see.

One more test I can think of is to try running Windows in safe mode and see if that yields any other result. Could be a driver issue.