Need help choosing a PSU

kerbalgamer

I was wondering if i should get the seasonic focus-PX850 or the prime-GX850.

1 minute ago, kerbalgamer said:

I was wondering if i should get the seasonic focus-PX850 or the prime-GX850.

It would be really helpful to know what kind of hardware you want to power (Full PC specs). No purpose in spending the money on an 850 if youd only need 500 or 600 watts. I would recommend having a peek at the Cases and Power Supplies category of the forum, you will find the tier list and the, "How many watts do I need?" thread. @LukeSavenije (whom I owe another beer to) and many other of his colleagues spent a lot of time working on these threads for exactly this reason :) have a peek and if you have any questions feel free to let me know.

Cheers!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

Thanks!

I checked it and i probabbly need around 600-700W

(planning on upgrading to a next-gen 2070 with the 3700x i already have)

So what PSU should i get for that wattage range?

(planning on upgrading to a next-gen 2070 with the 3700x i already have)

so you need 550-650w here

what is your country and budget?

budget for the PSU is around 150 euro, in the netherlands.

budget for the PSU is around 150 euro, in the netherlands.

Corsair RMx 650 or BitFenix Formula/Whisper 600W

Thing is, the RM650x and those bitfenix PSU aren't in stock anywhere here.

So that is why i was wondering if the seasonic focus PX-650 or prime GX-650 are good choices.

59 minutes ago, kerbalgamer said:

Thing is, the RM650x and those bitfenix PSU aren't in stock anywhere here.

Are you sure about that?

There's this site and this site and this site, though I don't know how reliable they are for you.

There's also the Seasonic Focus GX which would also be cheaper than the PX

MAIN PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi  CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15

Case: CoolerMaster TD500 Mesh PSU: Thermaltake GF1 PE 750w Storage: 1TB Western Digital Blue 3D + 1TB Crucial P1 + 1TB ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro + 4TB Seagate Barracuda 5400RPM OS: Windows 10 Home

Headphones: Philips SHP9500s   Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Red  Displays: Gigabyte M27Q (27" 1440p 170hz IPS), Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA (32" 768p 60hz TV)

SECONDARY PC:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-9100F Processor  Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB  CPU Cooler: Arctic Alpine 12 CO  GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC RAM: ADATA XPG 16GB (2x8GB) 2400Mhz CL16

Case: CyberpowerPC Onyxia  PSU: ATNG ATA-B 800w 80 Plus Bronze  Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD 5400RPM    OS: Windows 10 Home

Former parts that I've used: Acer XG270HU, Asus Dual OC 2080, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3080, Gigabyte Gaming OC 3080, EVGA XC3 Ultra 3080, EVGA FTW3 Ultra 3080 Ti

Thanks, i'l look at those!

I can get a focus PX for 10 euro more, wich is platinum rated instead of gold, so wouldn't that be a smarter choice (unless the focus PX quality is lower compared to the RMx)?

3 minutes ago, kerbalgamer said:

Thanks, i'l look at those!

I can get a focus PX for 10 euro more, wich is platinum rated instead of gold, so wouldn't that be a smarter choice (unless the focus PX quality is lower compared to the RMx)?

The 80+ rating is only for efficiency. It says nothing about how good the PSU is. I would go for the RMx, as it has a fan that isn't crap, it's quieter, and it has more easily available custom cables

:)