Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need an upgrade!

Qwertydop
 Share

4 minutes ago, Qwertydop said:

 

Hello, I was thinking of buying the ZOTAC GeForce 710 as an upgrade on my PC.

[NO compilation 10 hours]
What's your budget/country and what PC are you throwing a GPU into?
 

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you just need extra display outputs, I wouldn't recommend it. The 710 is not much better than the integrated graphics you already have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are you pairing it with ? 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

 

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

 

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

 

Build Log: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

[NO compilation 10 hours]
What's your budget/country and what PC are you throwing a GPU into?
 

50 dollars to 100.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Qwertydop said:

50 dollars to 100.

Is the power supply 300W junk or does it have PCI-e cables at least?

 

Just search ebay or locally for an RX 470/480/570/580, preferably 8GB but that might be out of budget.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Is the power supply 300W junk or does it have PCI-e cables at least?

 

Just search ebay or locally for an RX 470/480/570/580, preferably 8GB but that might be out of budget.

300W Power Supply.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Qwertydop said:

300W Power Supply.

Then you'll want to save up for a 1650

 

or just buy a 1050ti if it's less than $80, but it's 50-60% slower than the RX 470-580 line

 

Could also just search around for a cheap decent power supply for the RX 470-580 if your motherboard is normal and ATX.

Also what CPU is in it?

 

and there's going to be a lot of fake 1050ti listings for like $50-60

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Streetguru said:

Then you'll want to save up for a 1650

 

or just buy a 1050ti if it's less than $80, but it's 50-60% slower than the RX 470-580 line

 

Could also just search around for a cheap decent power supply for the RX 470-580 if your motherboard is normal and ATX.

Also what CPU is in it?

The AMD A8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Qwertydop said:

The AMD A8.

The best option is probably the new PSU + RX 470-580.

 

You could also just try using molex to PCI-e adapters, but you'd want to power limit the GPU to like -30% so it doesn't draw more than 100W at full load. maybe even closer to -40% for safety, but it would still be faster than the 1050ti.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The best option is probably the new PSU + RX 470-580.

 

You could also just try using molex to PCI-e adapters, but you'd want to power limit the GPU to like -30% so it doesn't draw more than 100W at full load. maybe even closer to -40% for safety, but it would still be faster than the 1050ti.

Ok thanks.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×