Just built a pc with all new parts except for the gpu and ssd:

r5 3600

16gb gskill ram

b450 aorus elite

antec eagpro 650w

galax 1060 6gb

toshiba sata ssd

WD green hdd

It was working fine until i tried to play a game. So completely randomly windows with restart it self without a blue screen or any kind of error message, it mostly happens while im gaming although once or twice it restarted while i was browsing on chrome. Sometime it will do it after an hour or two, sometimes 15mins or even when as soon as i get into the games menu. Does seem to be different for certain games though for example i cant get past the menu on Civ 6, Ghost Recon breakpoints will last 5-10min and Total war 3k might go for a couple of hours. Its a new windows 10 install and my temps seem ok getting max of 65c on the gpu under full load and about 75 max on the cpu with about 40-60% load. Iv tried a few things like reseating the ram , running memtest, checked the drive health said it was all good, the os is on the ssd and all my game files are on the hdd. BIOS is updated to latest, all drivers are upto date, someone told me to turn off automatic restart and turn off fast startup which i did. Iv tried using both the balanced and high performance power plans. Did sfc/ scannow and it said it found corrupted file and repaired them but that didnt make any difference.

I was downloading all my games and feel like the restarts happened more often while downloading i could be wrong though, using Ethernet at the moment still waiting for my wireless adaptor to arrive.

Also i doubt this is related but i get alot a crackling noise on both my speakers and usb headset which never happened on my old PC.

So would like suggestions on what to try next, Cheers!

Look up how to see shutdown/reboot causes in event viewer

I've had this issue with my powersupply but it wasnt able to supply enough power to the cpu

Reinstall Windows and reseat all your power cables

if your case has a reset button unplug that maybe even, speaking from experience with weird issues lol

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

I think it's a driver issue. I have had the same problem recently. No blue screen or error message. It just restarts. It only happens to me while gaming for a period of time.Usually over 30 minutes. Good to know others are having the same issue. You are not the first to report this problem. 

2 hours ago, bkbone said:

galax 1060 6gb

This is a red flag 

Have you tried a different PSU ? Maybe a friend's PSU or something

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:06 PM, DakotaWebber said:

Look up how to see shutdown/reboot causes in event viewer

I've had this issue with my powersupply but it wasnt able to supply enough power to the cpu

Reinstall Windows and reseat all your power cables

if your case has a reset button unplug that maybe even, speaking from experience with weird issues lol

So the only thing that appears in the event viewer is a 'critical error 41' source kernel-power and the description is - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Does that indicate anything relevant? 

As for the power supply it has 54amps on the +12v rail which is 648 watts and 20amps on the +5v which is 100w this should be plenty for the parts im using right?

Iv done a new windows install on a newly added m.2 ssd.

As for the reset button i ended up unplugging all the front panel connectors just to be safe and i thought this had fixed it because the problem didn't happen for a whole day, but it did end up restarting itself again.

On 6/5/2020 at 3:12 PM, Columbo said:

I think it's a driver issue. I have had the same problem recently. No blue screen or error message. It just restarts. It only happens to me while gaming for a period of time.Usually over 30 minutes. Good to know others are having the same issue. You are not the first to report this problem. 

I guess i could be. In that case is there much i can do about it? The really strange thing is there is no consistency to the restarting for example i might be trying to play battlefield 5 and the first time i launch the game it'll crash before the menu and the second ill be able to play for 2-3 hours. Also i might be playing a game with no issues for ages and get bored and launch a different game and that one will restart the PC as soon as i launch the game.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:07 PM, TofuHaroto said:

This is a red flag 

Have you tried a different PSU ? Maybe a friend's PSU or something

What wrong with that gpu? Is galax not a reliable brand? I actually have an Asus 1070 that i tried as well and that didn't help.

unfortunately i dont have an other psu to try and all my friends have laptops, i would be willing to buy another but i would like to be sure that the psu is the issue before i do that. To be honest though i really dont see what else it could be other than a driver issue. 

The reason i took so long to reply is because i had a good couple of days without the restarting and there was so may things i tried before that, that i have no idea what caused that to happen...

2 minutes ago, bkbone said:

What wrong with that gpu?

I meant to quote the PSU not the gpu 😅 my bad

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

On 6/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, TofuHaroto said:

I meant to quote the PSU not the gpu 😅 my bad

I got a new psu a corsair cs750m and im still getting restarts. So now everything has been swapped out for new parts except for the cpu, does that mean that the cpu is causing it?

Theres a good chance, its possible it could also be the motherboard

It sounds like theres an issue with power to cpu

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB