Opera GX or Chrome?

Hi so when I game i have chrome open in the background with all my work so i don't loose it. I have now been getting stutters while gaming and was thinking this is because of me only having 8gb of ram. I am thinking about getting more ram once there are sales but until then I was wondering if I should use Opera GX because apparently it doesn't use much ram, or you can max the ram. Is this a good idea?

I mean it's worth a shot. But at that point you may as well use edge or fire fox.

At me or quote me, I want to hear your opinion.

Hopefully anything I say is factually correct. Sorry for any mistakes in advanced.

It's a much better idea to simply upgrade your RAM, the RAM limiting option on Opera GX might not be enough to keep the shutters away (caused by pagefiling presumably). Firefox ends up using the most RAM out of the other mainstream browsers so keep that in mind also.

🙂

10 minutes ago, GeneralGusher said:

Hi so when I game i have chrome open in the background with all my work so i don't loose it. I have now been getting stutters while gaming and was thinking this is because of me only having 8gb of ram. I am thinking about getting more ram once there are sales but until then I was wondering if I should use Opera GX because apparently it doesn't use much ram, or you can max the ram. Is this a good idea?

Nope because it will just take longer for webpages to load. If you have less ram I reccomend Edge do to it rllying more on your hardrive or SSD than ram. However a ssd would be helpful in this case since thats what I use edge on but I use chrome on my desktop with more ram. So if you have an SSD use edge probs

1 minute ago, duncannah said:

It's a much better idea to simply upgrade your RAM, the RAM limiting option on Opera GX might not be enough to keep the shutters away (caused by pagefiling presumably). Firefox ends up using the most RAM out of the other mainstream browsers so keep that in mind also.

Spending money shouldn't be the solution to everything its slightly obnoxious to other people's social circumstances.

8 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Yeah I am going to upgrade my ram I’m just waiting for sales and deals 

9 minutes ago, Mopy said:

Nope because it will just take longer for webpages to load. If you have less ram I reccomend Edge do to it rllying more on your hardrive or SSD than ram. However a ssd would be helpful in this case since thats what I use edge on but I use chrome on my desktop with more ram. So if you have an SSD use edge probs

13 minutes ago, Jae Tee said:

I mean it's worth a shot. But at that point you may as well use edge or fire fox.

Ok thanks I will try both of them and see which one is better

15 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Do you think 16 gb at like 3000 MHz would be good enough 

Opera GX for sure.

But I prefer Edge chromium over both, a lot better optimized.

Ryzen 5 2600X / ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4 / G.Skill RIPJAWS V 16GB (2X8) 3000Mhz CL15 / Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Gaming 8GB OC / Corsair RM650X 2018 / Crucial BX500 240GB / Seagate Barracauda 2TB 7200RPM Cooler Master MasterBox E500L /  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27WQ // Rog Orion / Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro / Cooler Master MasterKeys Lite L / Xbox One Red Sport  Special Edition Controller for Windows

On 6/6/2020 at 10:29 PM, DSD27 said:

Opera GX for sure.

But I prefer Edge chromium over both, a lot better optimized.

Ok thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

opera is known for some shady things. i personally think the whole gaming browser thing is quite cringeworthy, but to each their own. i use safari.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:50 PM, rikupone said:

opera is known for some shady things. i personally think the whole gaming browser thing is quite cringeworthy, but to each their own. i use safari.

Wait what is opera know for bc I downloaded it and only use it if i am gaming and need a web browser 

I'm also a recent Edge convert I find it just that bit better than Firefox and well much better than Chrome.