VR ready new PC build

Looking to build a new PC. One I have was a letgo for $300. Looking to have a new generation fresh start no need to upgrade next 3 years system. Limit at $3000.  Was leaning at a Rtx 2080 ti. Looking to get the valve index vr system next year. Or comparable so I'll need more then ample system. Prefer to run off my 4k tv for my casual games. Open to suggestions on plenty of performance but doesn't have to be a centerpiece. Have animals so case with filters and space to work in would be excellent. 

1 minute ago, Tylersrobot said:

Looking to build a new PC. One I have was a letgo for $300. Looking to have a new generation fresh start no need to upgrade next 3 years system. Limit at $3000.  Was leaning at a Rtx 2080 ti. Looking to get the valve index vr system next year. Or comparable so I'll need more then ample system. Prefer to run off my 4k tv for my casual games. Open to suggestions on plenty of performance but doesn't have to be a centerpiece. Have animals so case with filters and space to work in would be excellent. 

wait for the next nvidia cards imo

Wait till September. Zen 3, RTX 3000 and RDNA 2 are coming then

Can I focus then on getting the rest of the build together and wait on the new gpu? 

Nevermind goofy question. Wait and see till holiday season then. 😁 Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Tylersrobot said:

Can I focus then on getting the rest of the build together and wait on the new gpu? 

Well Zen 3 isn't out yet. Ryzen CPUs also have no integrated graphics so you won't be able to use the computer. If you are building a PC just order all the parts at the same time. In case you can't wait and need the computer right now, building current-gen is the only option.