Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fuzzy screen when booting

madautotech
 Share

Go to solution Solved by madautotech,

Update finally figured out what was wrong . There is a bios problem with windows 10 older update that caused the screen problem . I updated the bios and been testing it for 2 weeks so far no more fuzzy screen with clear mouse . So it's fix .

This is a work computer at my job. When it boots i get a multi color  with gray fuzzy. like when your old tv had to much static. it has a prime a320-k board a ryzen processor no gpu just on board graphics. Also it has a hdd with windows 10 pro os. What could cause this?

2020-06-03_11_19_51.jpg

2020-06-03_11_20_09.jpg

2020-06-03_11_20_35.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Which processor are you using? Does it have a G in the part number? 

Only the APUs and Ryzen part numbers with a G have integrated graphics. The board does not contain a gpu onboard.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Competitive Benching Team - Warp9-Systems 

Save the old OC forums just by reading old school tec

https://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/index.php

They have the best F@H stats too. 

Spoiler

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was it working before and just recently started doing this or is this the first time boot after putting it together?

Main Desktop: CPU - I9-9900k @5ghz | Mobo - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | GPU - Asus ROG STRIX RTX 3090 Gaming OC RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3200mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme |

 

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G - Deep Black 512GB |

 

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Which processor are you using? Does it have a G in the part number? 

Only the APUs and Ryzen part numbers with a G have integrated graphics. The board does not contain a gpu onboard.

its has a AMD A10-9700 radeon r7 cpu, power supply was replaced recently due to power to a cooling fan and hdd melted . was doing this problem before on the old power supply was damaged. new power supply is 80+. The pc was a prebuilt system been working for over a year this fuzz just started. you can see the mouse on screen in front of fuzz move it and all then after a minute of being boot snap back to a regular screen like it should be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Was it working before and just recently started doing this or is this the first time boot after putting it together?

been together for over a year working fine just started  already re installed the cpu and ram. just trying to figure out if cpu hdd or board is doing this after the screen goes back to normal it work just fine until turn it off and boot the next day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check the cable?

Hate to say the board or chip has an issue......

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Competitive Benching Team - Warp9-Systems 

Save the old OC forums just by reading old school tec

https://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/index.php

They have the best F@H stats too. 

Spoiler

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@madautotech Does the monitor ever go back to normal? After 20-30 minutes, does it work like normal? Either way, the problem may be the same. The capacitors inside the monitor may have failed. You'd need to:

  1. Open the monitor
  2. visually check the capacitors to see if any failed
  3. Order replacements (voltage and capacitance MUST be matched; it is dangerous to put a 20v cap on a 12v line and vice versa, putting a 450uF cap on a 420uF spot may not be bad, but it depends on what needs that cap there; some things will care a lot, some not at all.)
  4. Desolder old caps
  5. Insert new caps
  6. Solder new caps
  7. Snip wires on the end of the caps
  8. Reassemble montior
  9. profit

There are good and bad capacitor makers. https://www.badcaps.net/index.php tries to keep track of who makes good and bad caps. In general, Rubycon and Nichicon tend to make high quality stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, asquirrel said:

@madautotech Does the monitor ever go back to normal? After 20-30 minutes, does it work like normal? Either way, the problem may be the same. The capacitors inside the monitor may have failed. You'd need to:

  1. Open the monitor
  2. visually check the capacitors to see if any failed
  3. Order replacements (voltage and capacitance MUST be matched; it is dangerous to put a 20v cap on a 12v line and vice versa, putting a 450uF cap on a 420uF spot may not be bad, but it depends on what needs that cap there; some things will care a lot, some not at all.)
  4. Desolder old caps
  5. Insert new caps
  6. Solder new caps
  7. Snip wires on the end of the caps
  8. Reassemble montior
  9. profit

yes goes back to normal after 2 or 3 minutes and works fine for rest of the day. and thank you i never thought about the monitor it self being the problem but its been here for ages so i will look in it .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Check the cable?

Hate to say the board or chip has an issue......

this is straight where my mind went. Here at my job i dont have the extra parts to swap around and test.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, madautotech said:

this is straight where my mind went. Here at my job i dont have the extra parts to swap around and test.

Bummer. Maybe a ryzen chip with a G. Most of them are under 100 bucks.

- If it ain't broken, don't fix it! - - Your post codes and beep codes in the drop down below -

Competitive Benching Team - Warp9-Systems 

Save the old OC forums just by reading old school tec

https://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/index.php

They have the best F@H stats too. 

Spoiler

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, madautotech said:

yes goes back to normal after 2 or 3 minutes and works fine for rest of the day. and thank you i never thought about the monitor it self being the problem but its been here for ages so i will look in it .

I had a Samsung 144hz monitor that started doing something like that. It was vertical lines when the monitor was cold. After ~30 min it would stop. The 'fix' was to use 60hz mode while the monitor warmed up. I recently opened it and replaced the caps (some of them had indeed failed) and now I can run 144hz mode all day erreyday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you all for the help and input im swapping monitors first and see what happens over the next few days i will keep you updated on the fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Update finally figured out what was wrong . There is a bios problem with windows 10 older update that caused the screen problem . I updated the bios and been testing it for 2 weeks so far no more fuzzy screen with clear mouse . So it's fix .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×