i9-9900KS performance

I have recently picked up an i9-9900KS and it doesn't seem to be performing as well as I would expect. I am running an Asus Maximus XI Hero (black ops 4 edition) and it is being cooled by a Cooler Master ML240R. 

With multi core enhancement enhancement disabled or set to Auto I am getting around 4600-4700 in Cinebench R20 and the clock speed is around 4.7Ghz-5Ghz for about 10 seconds then drops down to 4.5Ghz on all cores. With multi core enchancement enabled it stays at 4.8Ghz for the whole test and gets a score of between 4800-4900. 

From what I have seen online people seem to suggest it should be getting more like 5100-5200 on Cinebench R20.

In all tests the temperature is usually between 70 and 80 and never going more than 85.

Does any else have similar chips they can check the scores on to compare? or have anything I could try to get better performance?

I don't have a CPU as good as that for me however I don't want to be picking on your cooler but I have seen most builds with that CPU use a 3 Fan Radiator instead of a two fan, however I am not that sure so I would get a second opinion. A Beefy Air cooler aquvilant is also good.

5.1 GHz is overclocked.

Out of the box it will only boost to 5 GHz even on single core.

Performance seems like it should be.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

They usually Report a higher score because they Close all Background processes to get every single Point or run on a almost fresh windows-install without Background programs.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Mopy said:

I don't have a CPU as good as that for me however I don't want to be picking on your cooler but I have seen most builds with that CPU use a 3 Fan Radiator instead of a two fan, however I am not that sure so I would get a second opinion. A Beefy Air cooler aquvilant is also good.

Yeah I will definitely look into a better cooler, want to do a full custom loop in the case at some point. Looking to see if this is expected performance for this kind of cooling.

5 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

If you want 5.1 ghz then type 51 in the box.

I probably should have mentioned but I am not looking to overclock I am looking to see if the out of the box performance is as expected or if I am handicapping it with a setting or something somewhere.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

5.1 GHz is overclocked.

Out of the box it will only boost to 5 GHz even on single core.

Performance seems like it should be.

Ah thanks maybe I am just paranoid for nothing

1 minute ago, dxzone12 said:

I probably should have mentioned but I am not looking to overclock I am looking to see if the out of the box performance is as expected or if I am handicapping it with a setting or something somewhere.

MCE is an overclock and it loads more voltage and a manual job.

If you didn't want to OC you should of got Ryzen.

I would check your warranty however that max speed on the KS is in warranty I belive however I would double check it. Its like how the boost clock on amd cpus is just rlly how far you can go before affecting your warrenty i belive.

2 minutes ago, dxzone12 said:

Yeah I will definitely look into a better cooler, want to do a full custom loop in the case at some point. Looking to see if this is expected performance for this kind of cooling.

As long as your temps arent too high you won't get any performance from upgrading your cooler.

If you insist on upgrading i can reccommend the Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm.

Just now, Mopy said:

I would check your warranty however that max speed on the KS is in warranty I belive however I would double check it. Its like how the boost clock on amd cpus is just rlly how far you can go before affecting your warrenty i belive.

I dont think Intel has any way of knowing if you overclocked when you RMA it. (Was testet indirectly by GamersNexus during his XMP RMA Video)

Only if you dont tell them yourself of course.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

I dont think Intel has any way of knowing if you overclocked when you RMA it. (Was testet indirectly by GamersNexus during his XMP RMA Video)

Only if you dont tell them yourself of course.

Heh, youve not broken the law if your not getting caught mentality. Thats funny, but true.

6 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

MCE is an overclock and it loads more voltage and a manual job.

If you didn't want to OC you should of got Ryzen.

Very helpful thanks.

7 minutes ago, Mopy said:

Yeah the cpu should all core turbo as high as 5Ghz so it should be within warranty.