USB stick in RAW format

EUROBEAT__
Go to solution Solved by TempestCatto,

Had this exact same thing happen to me, but it was with a Windows install usb stick. Go on a totally different computer and then try all the CMD stuff, or anything else you found. I had to use a machine different to the one that I made the install with, in order to recover it back to NTFS.

After using balenaEtcher to flash Linux distros onto my USB, after plugging my USB back into my PC after I was done installing the distro on my laptop, it suddenly become a RAW format and I can't access it no matter what. No third-party software, cmd commands or disk managment can fix it and I feel like i've been researching forever with no luck. Is there ANY kind of workaround or is that it?

image.png.d46237a6cb67b277751cdb2ae839c682.png

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Its probably dead, usb sticks often go read only when there are issues. Just get a new one.

Apart from my USB stick, this also happened to my 2 MicroSD's I were using as backups, but after seeing your reply, I came up with an idea and put them in my phone and it allowed me to format and fix them completely. Maybe Windows is just shit?

Had this exact same thing happen to me, but it was with a Windows install usb stick. Go on a totally different computer and then try all the CMD stuff, or anything else you found. I had to use a machine different to the one that I made the install with, in order to recover it back to NTFS.

2 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I was thinking of this method but didn't get around to it, i'll definitely try this and get back!