PLZ help stutter is many games

DeMMo
Go to solution Solved by DeMMo,
45 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

1600mhz would be DDR3 so it won't be compatible with your ryzen platform unfortunately.

26 minutes ago, chris1981 said:

You do need at least 16gb ram for call of duty. With just cod running i use around 12gb of ram. Have seen lots of people on call of duty forum having issuse with stutter and 8gb of ram. I run corsair lpx 3200 16gb ryzen tuned ram and cod run really well. I would check graphics settings as well. I have everything set to high in 1440p and it uses over 4.5gb of vram

36 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

I'm pretty sure he means 1600mhz in dual channel 

So 2x1600mhz 

THANK YOU ALL i stole my brothers 16 gig set and guess what. it worked without a single hitch only problem is im a broke 16 year old who cant afford a 16 gig set so i stole his 

Hello i have been having stutter issues on many different games mostly call of duty titles but i dont understand why i built this pc only a few weeks ago.

my pc is more than enough to run most games i play at high setting and still over 100 fps but its always the same stutter for a few seconds works fine then my gpu usage drops to 0 and i get a bad stutter then it goes back to normal and my cpu is never above 60% usage. sometimes it will go awhile without another stutter sometimes its every other second and then some games work flawless i could have forgot to install some drivers but i dont think so i got the amd cpu drivers and the nvidia drivers but nothing else since i heard windows 10 is better at downloading the rest automatically please any help would be great.

specs

gtx 1060 strix oc edition

ryzen 5 2600

corsair vengence 8 gb 3200 mhz

What are your temps ? 

Did you try ddu ?

Enable xmp

Update the bios 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

9 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

What are your temps ? 

Did you try ddu ?

Enable xmp

Update the bios 

temps are fine cpu around 65 gpu at 70

and what is ddu and xmp? im kinda new dont yell at me. and im goin to update bios right now

3 minutes ago, DeMMo said:

temps are fine cpu around 65 gpu at 70

and what is ddu and xmp? im kinda new dont yell at me. and im goin to update bios right now

Xmp runs your ram at it's advertised speeds 

Ddu is display driver uninstaller 

Just watch a video on how to use ddu and xmp should be an option in the bios 

Enable it and leave voltage to Auto

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

It coud also be that you run out of VRAM

So hows your VRAM usage ingame ?

Monitor your RAM usage...pretty sure your 8GB is not enough at this moment you are filming this video...get more system memory.

Could also be running out of video memory.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Monitor your RAM usage...pretty sure your 8GB is not enough at this moment you are filming this video...get more system memory.

Could also be running out of video memory if your 1060 is only 3GB.

That and xmp and potentially the drivers 😜

Build Log: 

Could also be running out of video memory if your 1060 is only 3GB.

forgot to mention the 1060 is 6 gb vram 

and i cant see how having 8gb could make a game unplayable but i can look into it

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

That and xmp and potentially the drivers 😜

no those stutters are 100% caused by a lack of memory on system or on VRAM...100%

that's all it is. for SURE. :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

no those stutters are 100% caused by a lack of memory on system or on VRAM...100%

Well they look like either bad frame time or bad 1% lows 

Slow memory on zen could cause that 

Since ya know latency and multiple ccxs 

Build Log: 

Just now, DeMMo said:

forgot to mention the 1060 is 6 gb vram 

and i cant see how having 8gb could make a game unplayable but i can look into it

100% it can...many of the games i play can go up in the 10GB to 12GB of system memory when running afterburner and some other crap i need.

DEFENETLY you need more than 8GB...this is 2020 man...and lack of system memory is THE WORSE...it will 100% create those pause and stutters.

Also, i see you are using close to your 6GB of memory...so it might also be that, lower your texture quality and test again.

Then what about games that only say u need 8 gb ram black ops 3 released in 2015 is rly bad and i can see its only using 5gb of my ram

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Well they look like either bad frame time or bad 1% lows 

Slow memory on zen could cause that 

Since ya know latency and multiple ccxs 

nahhh nahhh...when you see the game pause for a full second like that, this is not latency or frametime this is purely the game pausing to switch stuff back and forth somewhere...either between the RAM and the VRAM on the card, or worse: between the RAM and the SSD.

100% it can...many of the games i play can go up in the 10GB to 12GB of system memory when running afterburner and some other crap i need.

DEFENETLY you need more than 8GB...this is 2020 man...and lack of system memory is THE WORSE...it will 100% create those pause and stutters.

Also, i see you are using close to your 6GB of memory...so it might also be that, lower your texture quality and test again.

the ram usage in the video is my RAM not vram

1 minute ago, DeMMo said:

the ram usage in the video is my RAM not vram

ok what you'll do then is pick a game you know is not demanding and run it at lower settings (medium) and start monitoring more useful stuff in your OSD and make it bigger plz and we'll check.

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

nahhh nahhh...when you see the game pause for a full second like that, this is not latency or frametime this is purely the game pausing to switch stuff back and forth somewhere...either between the RAM and the VRAM on the card, or worse: between the RAM and the SSD.

or worse i still using an hdd...

2 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

Hmm yea you could be right in this case but the reason why I said that is because I have seen alot of people with issues like this and xmp ended up fixing it 

Either way trying what both of us said is probably the best option ;)

Build Log: 

Just now, DeMMo said:

or worse i still using an hdd...

i think you have a couple issues with this machine...but your RAM configuration certainly ain't optimal.

Are you running in dual channel mode? do you have 2 sticks?

i think you have a couple issues with this machine...but your RAM configuration certainly ain't optimal.

Are you running in dual channel mode? do you have 2 sticks?

yes 2 sticks right now trying to update my bios but i dont have a fkn flash drive and i know 8 gigs is low but even on old games it stutters black ops 3 recommended specs are 8 gigs of ram and that stutters alot 

yes 2 sticks right now trying to update my bios but i dont have a fkn flash drive and i know 8 gigs is low but even on old games it stutters black ops 3 recommended specs are 8 gigs of ram and that stutters alot 

First enable xmp 

Then if the issue still occures then it will definitely be either a lack of vram or ram in general

Build Log: 

yes but that depend on a lot of stuff...see, 8gb is REAL low nowadays...latest up to date windows 10 alone will grab you over 3gb...almost 4.

If you have some more crap running...maybe say an anti-virus, MSI afterburner...nvidia shit etc...then yeah you're left with 4GB or less for the game....

11 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

yes but that depend on a lot of stuff...see, 8gb is REAL low nowadays...latest up to date windows 10 alone will grab you over 3gb...almost 4.

If you have some more crap running...maybe say an anti-virus, MSI afterburner...nvidia shit etc...then yeah you're left with 4GB or less for the game....

that would make sense as i have anti virus pluis msi afterburner and on top of that i stream lmao. im gonna steal my brothers ram and see if havind 16 gb fixes it but his ram speed is only 1600 mhz

Just now, DeMMo said:

that would make sense as i have anti virus pluis msi afterburner and on top of that i stream lmao. im gonna steal my brothers ram and see if havind 16 gb fixes it but his ram speed is only 1600 mhz

1600mhz would be DDR3 so it won't be compatible with your ryzen platform unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

I'm pretty sure he means 1600mhz in dual channel 

So 2x1600mhz 

Build Log: 

You do need at least 16gb ram for call of duty. With just cod running i use around 12gb of ram. Have seen lots of people on call of duty forum having issuse with stutter and 8gb of ram. I run corsair lpx 3200 16gb ryzen tuned ram and cod run really well. I would check graphics settings as well. I have everything set to high in 1440p and it uses over 4.5gb of vram