What are your thoughts?

Go to solution Solved by VEXICUS,
5 minutes ago, cakes73 said:

I will recommend something like this instead....

3700x + 2080 super

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($274.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($96.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($132.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($693.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PWM PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($5.15 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1598.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-30 03:08 EDT-0400

Budget (including currency): $1550 - $1600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Emulators (Cemu and Yuzu [both have some problems with AMD cards hence the NVIDIA because its more stable with it]), Astroneer, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, OBS (for light streaming nothing to big),Code Vein, Warframe, The new COD Modern Warfare, Sekiro: Die Twice,Borderlands: 3

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I want to play at 1440p
60-144hz is preferred

here is the parts list: 

-I want to play at 1440p

-60-144hz is preferred

-I have no plans of changing the ram to another type since this piece of ram was chosen after i got a price/performance that i was comfortable with. meaning that yes this particular ram is in here for the rgb factor since i had a couple more to spare

- My Wifi router is not in my Room where my PC is due to house size, hence why wireless adapter also the headphones I'm getting will be bluetooth as well so that's another reason (for your info i do not have wifi 6 so if there is a cheaper alternative wireless adapter that's just as good let me know)

-I picked the MSI version of the RTX 2070 SUPER mainly because I liked its price for performance, but also because i am not comfortable with manual overclocking for right now so i chose this card to be compatible with MSi afterburner's automated overclock that should keep everything stable ( it also fits well with the rgb software on the ram and the motherboard which is a plus)

- keynote: I will not back away from the Nividia card to a AMD card. This is mainly because the main emulator I play on, CEMU has some bugs when playing games on AMD cards another thing is that i personally feel a bit safer with the Nividia card in terms of software

- I am not planning on doing any extreme overclocking as of right now, however I would like to do some minimal overclocking so let me know if this PSU is enough

- due to how pcpartpicker is with compatibility between air coolers and ram, decided to go on the safe side with a AIO and I'm also planning of upgrading later down the line in the next 3-4 years so i should be good before the AIO dies from usage (i heard AIO's last up to 3-4 years before the liquid becomes unusable). I also just like how much nicer AIOs look anyway

- Assuming everything goes well in the RGB software (ya know with ICUE and MysticLIGHT) I want my color theme to be Amber/Gold with black and ill probably add some red to cable extensions when i buy them down the line

Well now that I said that is there anywhere that I could improve a bit more on in the NVME, Wireless adapter, AIO, Thermal Compound, and PSU department

I am planning on ordering these parts by the end of June to early July

I would get an air cooler over that if you cannot oc or use pbo. maybe like a nactua or be quiet. unless its purely for astetics.

I think that’s a good build. The only thing I would change is the motherboard. At the time you are planing on buying the parts, b550 will be out so I would go for one of those.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Just now, Woxolifo said:

I would get an air cooler over that if you cannot oc or use pbo. maybe like a nactua or be quiet. unless its purely for astetics.

purely aesthetics since i got what i want down for my core components

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

I think that’s a good build. The only thing I would change is the motherboard. At the time you are planing on buying the parts, b550 will be out so I would go for one of those.

you right, I'll do a last minute check in pcpartpicker before i do buy to make sure that they are available

2 minutes ago, cakes73 said:

purely aesthetics since i got what i want down for my core components

if you can squeeze a 3700x by shaving money off other parts I think it would be better for VM's. but alas that build is good overall. 

I heard roumrs that the price of the b550 might be the same as x570 so better off getting a x570. but who knows untill they are out. 

Just now, Woxolifo said:

if you can squeeze a 3700x by shaving money off other parts I think it would be better for VM's. but alas that build is good overall. 

currently have no need for 8 core ill probably wait until late 4th gen to early 5th gen to get into that

Just now, cakes73 said:

currently have no need for 8 core ill probably wait until late 4th gen to early 5th gen to get into that

I mean its only like $80 more then that air cooler is like $40 less and will probably do better than the h100i. 

Im just saying what I would do but you seem to know whats going on so theres no need. l

3 minutes ago, cakes73 said:

You're wasting massively on the pointless AIO. Use the saved money on a better board (X570) at the very least. The B450 Tomahawk is very much not worth 120$

Just now, Woxolifo said:

I mean its only like $80 more then that air cooler is like $40 less and will probably do better than the h100i. 

Im just saying what I would do but you seem to know whats going on so theres no need. l

no actually you are right, in which case ill go for the 3700k and since its stock cooler is amazing then ill just save some buck on a third party cooler then

Drop the Seagate drive if your data means anything to you. Theres are extremely unreliable.

Also change the power supply to a Corsair RMx or BitFenix Formula/Whisper

Just now, cakes73 said:

no actually you are right, in which case ill go for the 3700k and since its stock cooler is amazing then ill just save some buck on a third party cooler then

The Wraith Prism is very decent

2 minutes ago, cakes73 said:

There is that too. I have not used the stock but I do hear good things about it. You can always get a better 240mm rad later on too. 

1 minute ago, Woxolifo said:

There is that too. I have not used the stock but I do hear good things about it. You can always get a better 240mm rad later on too. 

right thanks so much for the recommendation compeletly forgot that the ryzen 7 3700x had the wraith cooler  so doing that little bit of extra digging helped

8 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Drop the Seagate drive if your data means anything to you. Theres are extremely unreliable.

i see a western digital blue 2 tb for roughly the same price but its 5400rpm, do you have any recommendations of a 2 tb HDD around the price of the seagate?

I will recommend something like this instead....

3700x + 2080 super

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($274.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($96.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Silicon Power A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($132.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB BLACK GAMING Video Card  ($693.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1598.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-30 03:08 EDT-0400

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

19 minutes ago, cakes73 said:

i see a western digital blue 2 tb for roughly the same price but its 5400rpm, do you have any recommendations of a 2 tb HDD around the price of the seagate?

I'd buy an IronWolf or WD Red. The speed is irrelevant in HDDs since the difference between 5400 and 7200 for the average user is very mininal

29 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

changed the HDD to 

Toshiba P300 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive is that better?