RX 5700 XT VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE

On 6/20/2020 at 4:26 PM, VerTriGO said:

tried it.. still the same, also having pc freeze without any blue screens and if I do get a blue screen its the same error VIDEO_TDR failure

im starting to think maybe intel compatibility with amd graphics card maybe have something to do with it 

I have been having this same problem since I built my new PC in the Fall. Random freezes, even when I am not stressing my machine. It will randomly restart, sometimes on boot, sometimes much later. Sometimes I get a grey screen on boot and I have to manually restart. I too have Sapphire Nitro+, and I am getting the same exact minidump report as you are. No blue screens though. That's the only difference.

I’ve been completely stable on the newest drivers with a sapphire pulse 5700xt. The other adrenaline drivers gave me issues like your having. The shit is annoying and I won’t buy another amd card after going thru this, wish I would of just bought a rtx2070 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

The 20.7.1 drivers, after DDUing, have completely fixed that particular crash for me as well. It's also the first driver stable enough for me to pass the GPUPI test. (first 5700XT on the world record list for GPUPI)

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

On 7/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, BTGbullseye said:

The 20.7.1 drivers, after DDUing, have completely fixed that particular crash for me as well. It's also the first driver stable enough for me to pass the GPUPI test. (first 5700XT on the world record list for GPUPI)

I have tried it, it still made my pc freeze and getting a blue screen, you know what was wierd? before I updated to 20.7.1 I deleted registery and then for like a whole month nothing happned but after I updated the driver the crashes came back with it so I tried to delete registery again and nothing helps anymore and its just getting worse..

33 minutes ago, VerTriGO said:

I have tried it, it still made my pc freeze and getting a blue screen, you know what was wierd? before I updated to 20.7.1 I deleted registery and then for like a whole month nothing happned but after I updated the driver the crashes came back with it so I tried to delete registery again and nothing helps anymore and its just getting worse..

Deleting the registry would prevent the computer from working at all. If you're talking about deleting certain parts of the registry, that could actually be causing the problems you are trying to fix. (and DDUing can't fix it)

Messing with the registry is a great way to get to the point where you need to reinstall Windows.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

10 hours ago, BTGbullseye said:

Deleting the registry would prevent the computer from working at all. If you're talking about deleting certain parts of the registry, that could actually be causing the problems you are trying to fix. (and DDUing can't fix it)

Messing with the registry is a great way to get to the point where you need to reinstall Windows.

I delete certain things with the ccleaner, anyway it doesn't help anymore, still getting freeze and blue screens, it usually happens when I exit a game or minimize a game that runs in the backround

1 hour ago, VerTriGO said:

I delete certain things with the ccleaner, anyway it doesn't help anymore, still getting freeze and blue screens, it usually happens when I exit a game or minimize a game that runs in the backround

What games specifically? Some games are actually so poorly programmed on the back-end that they will crash anything. (Mechwarrior Online is a great example of this)

OP, it's been 2 months since you made this thread, and according to you, you've had this issue for 3-4 months prior. So it's been almost half a year that you've been dealing with it. That's some patience right there. What you can do now is:

- RMA the card and get another one and pray that it doesn't have the same issue.

- Refund and get an NVIDIA card. This is a common issue for AMD's 5000 series GPUs. They currently have no fix in sight.

- Wait and pray AMD releases an update that can fix this.

My 5600 MSI X had the same problem so I returned it. Those hoops and dances DDU or TDR or updates didn't fix the issue for me, and it won't for you. AMD acknowledges but they still have no fix after this long. It's up to you if you wanna gamble and play the pray and wait game with them.

8 hours ago, Whateverchan said:

OP, it's been 2 months since you made this thread, and according to you, you've had this issue for 3-4 months prior. So it's been almost half a year that you've been dealing with it. That's some patience right there. What you can do now is:

- RMA the card and get another one and pray that it doesn't have the same issue.

- Refund and get an NVIDIA card. This is a common issue for AMD's 5000 series GPUs. They currently have no fix in sight.

- Wait and pray AMD releases an update that can fix this.

My 5600 MSI X had the same problem so I returned it. Those hoops and dances DDU or TDR or updates didn't fix the issue for me, and it won't for you. AMD acknowledges but they still have no fix after this long. It's up to you if you wanna gamble and play the pray and wait game with them.

I had tried to switch to same model of graphics card, my friend have the same model so I installed his card into my pc, mine still getting freezes and he didnt got anything thats why i suspect amd compatibility with intel...

For real I dont know where Im getting the patience from haha for now I think ill just wait for the new nvidia cards to come out and will buy the 3080 and sell mine I really dont have much left to do :(

• 3 weeks later...

i've been having a similar issue with my MSI 5700 XT Mech OC. i can tell you it's not a compatibility issue with intel. since I changed my CPU from Intel (2750K) to AMD (ryzen 3700X) and I'm having the same exact issue. changed my mobo, ram and now PSU. I still have a corsair HX850W. i'm actually not sure where the issue can come from as well. DDU doesn't do anything and AMD integrated DDU inside their installer a couple of years ago. I also had the same issue with my R7 370. the only difference is that I don't have BSOD. i've been trying to figure out a solution and get money to change my components for a year now.

the weirdest thing tho, is that i've tried with the PSU of my friend and was able to play without any issue (hence why i changed mine). but even changing it, i have the same issues.

if anyone as a proper issue i would love to know it. i want to stream and game again without any issues!

1 hour ago, crazedpixel said:

the weirdest thing tho, is that i've tried with the PSU of my friend and was able to play without any issue (hence why i changed mine). but even changing it, i have the same issues.

I'm really not a psu expert but ... can you compare the specs sticker of those two psu ? Maybe the answer resides in that.  This is one I found from internet for example.  Maybe there's some difference in the Amp sent that could explain why one psu works and not the other. 

Corsair HX850W (850w) ATX PSU | Packaging & Appearance | PSUs ...

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

so 2 things. 1. i was able to fix it for a night by disabling AMD freesync out of my monitors, but the issue retarted this morning. the more i delve in this issue the more i go into weird territories.

2. my firend has a TX750W from corsair wich is pretty much the same. your picture dr0y is the exact PSU that i had before changing. still changed for a HX series but you might be on to something. since the difference between the 2 is the amp given for the +3.3V, +5v and +12v. you can see the difference here

02.jpg

it's not a big margain but i'm wondering if it's the +3.3 and +5V that creates this issue because they're lower

On 8/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, crazedpixel said:

so 2 things. 1. i was able to fix it for a night by disabling AMD freesync out of my monitors, but the issue retarted this morning. the more i delve in this issue the more i go into weird territories.

2. my firend has a TX750W from corsair wich is pretty much the same. your picture dr0y is the exact PSU that i had before changing. still changed for a HX series but you might be on to something. since the difference between the 2 is the amp given for the +3.3V, +5v and +12v. you can see the difference here

02.jpg

it's not a big margain but i'm wondering if it's the +3.3 and +5V that creates this issue because they're lower

I also switched my psu, I had corsair cx750 bronze and now I have rog strix 750 gold and nothing changed, my friend have ryzen pc with 750w psu and nothing is happening to him it is very weird, the question is if the new Nvidia GC's will fix it once and for all..

• 3 weeks later...

I have this issue too its so frustrating i have installed win 7 for this no luck im just accepting my defeat

On 8/29/2020 at 7:11 PM, Habiballah said:

I have this issue too its so frustrating i have installed win 7 for this no luck im just accepting my defeat

I also accepted my defeat long time ago

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with my RX 5700 xt MSI Gaming X. I don't know what to do...

I'm thinking about contacting the store and the warranty. Maybe get a RTX 3070. 

8 hours ago, Willian Oikawa said:

I'm having the same problem with my RX 5700 xt MSI Gaming X. I don't know what to do...

I'm thinking about contacting the store and the warranty. Maybe get a RTX 3070. 

That would actually be a really good idea if you're within full refund time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just letting anyone know that amd released a driver that supposed to fix the video tdr thing..

The thing is I played yesterday MW and when I exit the game and was going to shut my pc off, this happened 

Screenshot_20200926-130559_Samsung Internet.jpg

20200926_041808.jpg

8 hours ago, VerTriGO said:

Just letting anyone know that amd released a driver that supposed to fix the video tdr thing..

The thing is I played yesterday MW and when I exit the game and was going to shut my pc off, this happened 

Run DDU, then install the latest driver. (and if you haven't reinstalled Windows, you may have deleted something from the registry that you shouldn't have)

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same issue with RX 5700 xt MSI Gaming X. Fortunately use linux for play (aaa games too) and work with no problems, but sometimes i need to switch to windows and... bsod came up. No solution to give only share my pain